ID:167909

I recently got a new computer and I moved all my Coding/Icons etc... from my old computer to my new and whenever I try and save something like write abit more coding and press compile it always saying "Unable to write ......." can anyone help me fix this?
Maybe try making a new dme with dream maker named the same thing then move all the files from the one that doesn't work to that one, if that don't work, then i don't know whats wrong. =\
You have to make sure that you are able to write to the file.
In response to Kalzar
thats the problem its not writing
In response to Frieza111
Do you have the most updated version of BYOND
In response to Kalzar
yes
In response to Frieza111
Show us the code having to do with the save proc. We cannot help you without it.
In response to Pyro_dragons
Pyro_dragons wrote:
Show us the code having to do with the save proc. We cannot help you without it.

He is talking about the compiler itself, not the coding.

The file you are saving in is either write protected or there is a corrupt file in your BYOND. Uninstall and reinstall and download the update (even if it comes with it). Tell me what happens.
In response to Arcanedragon_2004
Ah, I though he was talking about there was an error message having to do with the code. He should have put the entire message.
In response to Pyro_dragons
that was the entire message and i already tryed uninstalling everything didnt work
In response to Frieza111
I'm guessing that you transported your files via CD-ROM, yes? If so, navigate to the folder where your project is stored and select all of your project's files at once. Right-click and choose Properties from the menu. Make sure that the box labelled "Read-only" is not ticked, and press OK.
In response to Crispy
Thanx alot crispy that worked