ID:185566

I'm looking for a DVD burner that will run on my computer, the important specs:
Intel Pentium 3: 733mhz
192meg of RAM
Windows 2000 (Slackware Linux when I get a new hard drive)

I've looked at the local shops, and have only found ones that need a 800mhz and 265meg of RAM minimum. I remember seeing one that would of run on this computer a while back.

Anyone know of one?
Psh ignore those specs, they mean little to nothing.

That DVD drive you just listed is the "suggested" system requirements. Unlike software, that DVD burner will still work in your system, but at a slower pace then what it is acostumed to.
In response to Shades
Thats what I was thinking, but wasnt prepared to shell out $90+ for something that might not.

I'll upgrade my RAM, and give it ago.
Well, I found one anXLAd bought it.

It's a Pioneer DVR-A09XLA, it can burn Dual Layered DVD's with a firmware upgrade. But I dont think I have enough balls to try it. $72 Australian. I took a 64meg of RAM stick out of my sisters computer, and a 6gig hard drive to rip the DVD's onto.

Works perfectly, it's just a little slow to rip the DVD's. But, thats expected. I guess...
In response to Smoko
I used to burn DVDs on a P3 800MHZ system with around 1GB of ram, after ripping the cds, reencoding them, compressing them and re-burning them to a blank dvd, I had spent 3-6 hours on each dvd.

I got a P4 1.8GHZ system now with 768MB of ram and I haven't tried to burn any dvds yet, I hope its faster. In the end, burning the dvds took so long, I ended up just buying the damn things anyways instead of pirateing them.
In response to Shades
Yeah, on this box (I now have 230 something meg or RAM) and it takes around 2 hours to analise and encode them. Then an hour or so to burn them at 1x (I tryed 2.4X, but it was getting close to a buffer under-run).
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
In the end, burning the dvds took so long, I ended up just buying the damn things anyways instead of pirateing them.

Careful with what you say there, or the RIAA might start suing DVD burner manufacturers for making DVD burners that burn at a rate faster than 1 disc per week.

Why are you laughing? I'm serious. If they could do it, they would. -_-
In response to Crispy
heh. The sad thing is how true that is.