ID:185806

Ok, this is the second time or more this has happened. Why when my game gets rejected I don't recieve a email why it was rejected. Yahoo acceptes BYOND's email because i have had them send me emails before for something else but why don't i receive a email for Iconica?
The reviewer probably didn't fill out the response form. In my opinion they always should, but evidently some people seem to disagree with me.

Anyway, it was probably for something that violates the rules of the channel you sent it to. By the sound of it, Iconica is an icon chatting program, and I suspect you submitted it to BYOND.Chat (I can't check, I'm just guessing). In which case Iconica was probably rejected because of this rule:

Icon-Traders/Build-n-Chat games are NOT allow [sic] - Graphical chat games are fine, even ones where you can trade files, but this style is not allowed for several reasons:
They all seem to come from a common code sources (possibly ripped, although I don't know). Most are pretty much the same thing with different graphics.
Most of them contain copyrighted graphics from NES and SNES games.
There are just way too many of them.
It may be possible to use them to steal graphics from each other.

--http://bwicki.byond.com/ByondBwicki.dmb?ByondChatChannel
In response to Crispy
Than how the hell did IU get in the hub?
In response to Dark_Shadow_Ninja
1 word - Enigmaster.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
The reviewer probably didn't fill out the response form. In my opinion they always should, but evidently some people seem to disagree with me.

In pretty much all cases I send a note.

Lummox JR
In response to Sniper Joe
It was probably accepted before the no icon games rule was put in place. If you're implying that Enigmaster has some sort of extra pull with the BYOND Staff you're mistaken.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:

Anyway, it was probably for something that violates the rules of the channel you sent it to. By the sound of it, Iconica is an icon chatting program, and I suspect you submitted it to BYOND.Chat (I can't check, I'm just guessing). In which case Iconica was probably rejected because of this rule:

Icon-Traders/Build-n-Chat games are NOT allow [sic] - Graphical chat games are fine, even ones where you can trade files, but this style is not allowed for several reasons:
They all seem to come from a common code sources (possibly ripped, although I don't know). Most are pretty much the same thing with different graphics.
Most of them contain copyrighted graphics from NES and SNES games.
There are just way too many of them.
It may be possible to use them to steal graphics from each other.

--http://bwicki.byond.com/ByondBwicki.dmb?ByondChatChannel

I think thats BS. Iconica dosen't steal icons or any other materials. Iconica dosen't contain any materials that dosen't belong to us. Iconica is not like other games, it has features no other games have. Iconica was compleatly coded by me, it did not come from a source code that has been spreading around.
In response to DarkView
I don't think so. The no-icon chattting game rule was placed at very early 2003, and the game's hub entry was created at August 2003. I remember this because a person tried to submit their game at that time, and got the email that they were not allowed.

I remember the game being published before this summer-ish, too.

~~> Dragon Lord
In response to DarkView
Wizkidd and someone else saw how elegantly designed it was, and decided to go ahead and publish the game.

It was a rare exception, and to Y2k:

It doesn't matter if your game was written in blood and then coded with your finger stubs 5 times over: there's still a chance that the kind of things shown the bwicki page can happen, and the byond staff won't/can't go in and check your code to see. Just give up. :p
In response to Zaole
Zaole wrote:
It doesn't matter if your game was written in blood and then coded with your finger stubs 5 times over: there's still a chance that the kind of things shown the bwicki page can happen, and the byond staff won't/can't go in and check your code to see. Just give up. :p

I didn't really understand what you meant by that, can you please rephrase it?
In response to Y2kEric
There is no real way to prove you acutal did code it and not use a src.
In response to Dark_Shadow_Ninja
You can play it and tell. There isnt a game like it.
In response to Y2kEric
I think we need a policy change. We can't just ignore other people's games when we took the time to review IU.
In response to Kunark
I think they should change it too. Can you please explain to me why building type games are not allowed in Byond.Chat channel?
In response to Y2kEric
The building game rule is feasible, but it's unfair if they let in IU and not even look at other ones.
In response to Kunark
oh, ok. So whats gonna happen to Iconica. Will it be published into Byond.ChatChannel or what?
In response to Y2kEric
Bump. Will Iconica get published in a BYOND Channel?
In response to Y2kEric
Wait out and see..When you get a email you will know.
In response to Mecha Destroyer JD
I'm still waitng.
In response to Y2kEric
Y2kEric wrote:
I'm still waitng.

Well, you have to be a bit patient when waiting for a review. For one thing, the matter of whether the rules for BYOND.Chat should change, or whether it was merely a justified bending of them for Icon Ultima, is still undecided. For another thing, reviewers are human and don't have all the time in the world to look at pending reviews, especially when some people have a tendency to resubmit rejected items after it's been made clear to them the item doesn't belong in that channel at all, and/or when an author fails to address all of (or sometimes any of) the problems in the entry that failed it the last time. So I'm sure you can understand why this could take a bit longer.

Lummox JR
Page: 1 2