ID:186098

I will poop myself if this is real.

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
GOOGLE'S take over have begun!
Yey!
Can't wait untill Google-OS is out.
Replace that mean old Windows!

Windows HAS to know it's comming, and they have to know, when it happens, they will be crushed like ants......
pitfull little ants...... that are on fire!!!
In response to Flame Sage
Wow I connected to Google-Talk it's legit all right 0_o

Google OS better be unix-based and have an open source end (Ie; SUSE's OpenSUSE, RedHat's Fedora Project - Corporate Open Source projects)

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
Yeah.. I connected to!
Someone come talk to me!
[email protected]

How to set it up with GAIM on Windows/Linux, or Adium on the Mac:
-- For iChat, just enter the information above.
1. Add an account, select "Jabber" as the protocol.
2. Your screen name is everything before the '@gmail.com'.
3. Server is 'gmail.com'.
4. Click "show more options" and make sure "use TLS if available" is checked. Leave "Force old SSL" and "allow plaintext..." unchecked for now. Connection port should be 5222, connection server should be 'talk.google.com' without the quotes.
5. Ta-da! Just login and you should be good-to-go.

I keep getting a authentication failed for that.
In response to Polaruis
Are you SURE your password is right?
That's what happened to me, I had a captial letter at the start of the password, and I forgot about it.
I had to change my password to use this. It does not like random letters and numbers. GAH.
In response to Polaruis
Also, is there a way to be on AIM/Jabber at the same time with the client? I had gaim for awhile but never tried to be on two things at once.
In response to Polaruis
gaim can do it.

GTalk:[email protected]
And for the official site, which includes instructions on what alternate IM programs you can use (for non-Windows users and those who like to combine all their IM packages):

http://talk.google.com
In response to Crispy
Google talk: [email protected]
Woah. They have an actual client out already.

Oh well, I'll keep using GAIM for it. <3

GTalk: [email protected]
Well I was coming home from my high school orientation...and got bored. So, I decided to read the Science/Technology news on my cell phone. Turned out that there was a headline on Google Talk. So when I got home I downloaded it. It's great how it lacks the pop-ups of AIM. Anyways,

[email protected] <- That's me

Hiead
If google attempts to make an OS, Microsoft will just buy them. Why have competiton when you can make them work for you instead.
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
If google attempts to make an OS, Microsoft will just buy them. Why have competiton when you can make them work for you instead.

Granted that at Google's profit rate and current value, it wouldn't be an easy buy.

Hiead
In response to Hiead
Do you think that would stop MS? They have been on a buying spree lately.
Google is making an operating system -- and no Microsoft wouldn't be able to buy them out, Google already said it would outright refuse.
In response to Nadrew
Heh, finally Micosoft has competition.
Wow, convienant (sp?). I now have all the IM services exepct ICP.

[email protected] <-- Meh!
Page: 1 2