Cave Drifter

by Flysbad
Cave Drifter
Fast-paced cave runner game with crunchy pixels
ID:1444846

Go on an underground journey! Navigate your way through the maze-like underground caves as fast as possible trying to find your way out.

Credits

- Flysbad (Programmer, Level Designer)
- Neo Berserker (Pixel Artist, Level Designer)
fail coder. I beat level 5 already. If I didn't have a deadline to code this thing.. Tch.. I'd beat it right now. Took me 5 minutes. ._. *cough* I mean... Good game, Flys! :) I liked it. ;)
I enjoy the puzzle feeling. A few things though.

-There is a slight bug on one of the stops of round 10 that makes you walk south forever yet there is a wall below you. I forget where it was though.

-Removed Via Editz

-Instead of going to a blank screen after round 10, why not just link it to a "Game Over/Congrats" screen?

-Make them a bit more challenging? I finished the game in under 5 minutes.
In response to D-Cire
D-Cire wrote:
-The three bonus levels are cool, but you should make an area to go to in order to play only them instead of having to play them from level 10 in order.

Those are for a later update, I forgot to make it so level 10 is the last level. They will have their own level door also. This was supposed to be a secret, lol.

-Instead of going to a blank screen for round 14, why not just link it to a "Game Over/Congrats" screen?

That's planned for the next update, :P

-Make them a bit more challenging? I finished the game in under 5 minutes.

If you ask, you shall receive. Also, there is a reason why the first couple levels are easy. *whistles*
In response to Flysbad
Flysbad wrote:
Those are for a later update, I forgot to make it so level 10 is the last level. They will have their own level door also. This was supposed to be a secret, lol.
Oh, Sowwie. I'll edit that part out for ya.
That's planned for the next update, :P
Good! Lol. You have a talented artist by the way.
If you ask, you shall receive. Also, there is a reason why the first couple levels are easy. *whistles*
Oh, well I figured that. But the levels following were way too easy.

Level 10 was especially easy.

Would you like some help in your spare time for some level designs?
Really nice game.
May I ask what lighting engine you're using? Thanks! Looks great.
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
May I ask what lighting engine you're using? Thanks! Looks great.

I'm using f_a's library. I checked yours out first, but I didn't think it'd work the way I wanted it to.
Mine is based on f_a's :D I just improved it.
Lol. I need to make some libraries...

Add more levels to this game sometime soon.
Fun :) I did go through 20 levels, only to get a black screen with no options to do anything, so I guess my game didn't save. I'll just have to do it again ;)

Keep at it.
Wow, that's awesome Flick, we weren't expecting someone to actually beat all the levels. And yes, i just confirmed that bug after you beat the last level you get a black screen, we're looking into it, hopefully your save wasn't affected.

Edit: Game updated, Flys fixed the bug :)
K. I passed Flysbad. Time to go to sleep.
P.S. I realized savefiles can be edited? Might want to fix that before someone abuses it. I copied one savefile and renamed it to "Xirre" since I was on the wrong key. However, there was no cheating involved. Just switching of keys.