ID:186556

Ok, Im going to tell you how to run chatters on xbox. Im not going indepth, its just a simple guide.

Steps are as follows:

1. Mod your xbox, be it a soft mod, TSOP flash or a modchip. It does not matter. You can get tutorials on how to do each of the above here

2. Download and install an xbox linux disto, or use a live cd. You can get them from here

3. Run the terminal, type "telnet" and then "open digitalmouse.dyndns.org 6001"

4. Enjoy
Yes, but I heard that x-box linux could be used without a MOD chip, besides if you have xbox live and do this you will not be able to play XBOX Live while you have linux installed right?

Thats what it says on there site.
Screenshots pleesh ^^

~Kujila
<s>Right now, digi's version is down. You can connect via: xooxer.game-host.org:8001</s>

digitalmouse's server is back online.

~X
In response to Flame Sage
You can install linux with any kind of mod.

You *can* still use live, but you will get banned. But there are other free alternatives to live.
In response to Smoko
Smoko wrote:
You can install linux with any kind of mod.

You *can* still use live, but you will get banned. But there are other free alternatives to live.

Some mods can be disabled so you can use live.
In response to Critical
While they can be disabled, they are not 100% fail safe.

So, your better off not using live at all if you are planing on modding your xbox.
Ok, Sorry I took so long getting the pics. But I couldnt find the softwear for my mobile phone.

Anyways, here they are:
Close:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Full Screen:

TV and Xbox:
In response to Smoko
Why not take screenshots?
In response to Scoobert
I could never get the Screen Capture working, and I use a live cd. So its to slow to take screen shots and save them :P.
In response to Smoko
Hehe, sweet. I see Thorgs name.
In response to RavenHeart
A soft mod means to mod your xbox with out any physcal hardware, a Hard Mod means to mod your xbox with a solder or solderless mod chip.

If your like me, you can get custom hard mods, with a turn off switch installed on your XBOX. So when you play on xbox live, you just turn the mod chip off and its not dectable.
In response to Shades
You can't be banned for softmods unless you use hacked software with them to cheat.

~>Jiskuha
Has anyone tired to install the Linux version of Byond on XBox? Since you can use a keyboard and mouse, it might be doable.
In response to Shades
Thats what he did. Heh.
Anyway, you can also run Windows 98 on Xboxen so in theory amore impressive picture would be running Windows BYOND on the Xbox :)
In response to Maz
Maz wrote:
Thats what he did. Heh.

Well, he installed Linux, but he didn't actually install BYOND -- he used telnet. =P
In response to Shades
I have installed linux, but not for these pictures.
I used an Xebian Live CD.

When I can get DamnSmallLinux working, I'll be sure to get pics running DS through 98, and plain old DreamSeeker Linux.
In response to Smoko
Uh, yeah you can get Xbox to run Windows 98 if you have extra ram installed and dont mind doing anything but word pad processing, because its only good for a few small apps, if that.

If installing Windows 98 on my Xbox allowed me to play Fallout 2, or even Byond or something, I would have already done it, but the system is buggy, prone to crashes and incompabaility.

And actully, even soft modding your xbox will get you banned from Xbox Live if you try connecting to Xbox Live while havine a Soft Mod running, even if it IS orginal material playing or not.

M$ really frowns upon any form of mods.
In response to Shades
Eaven adding a switch isnt that safe.

It's possible you wont get banned with a switch, and no extra files on the C:\ partition though.