ID:187230

What is the most complex thing you have seen done in DreamMaker/DreamSeeker.

I would have to say its OFD's RoyalNonesuchEngine.
Agreed, that was pretty amazing.
Smoko wrote:
I would have to say its OFD's RoyalNonesuchEngine.

TRN isn't that complex. I'd say that wave demo OneFishDown was pretty cool/complex.
Lummox JR's multiplatform map demo was pretty complex as well.
In response to DarkView
That wave thing was pretty cool too. I havent used/seen multiplatform map demo
I would have to say that http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~rrm322/TRNRPG.zip by OneFishDown is really, really amazing.
I'd have to say stuff like dmifonts and shadowdark's sdtext. I don't know why, but that stuff just seems so advanced to me.
In response to Wizkidd0123
Wizkidd0123 wrote:
I would have to say that http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~rrm322/TRNRPG.zip by OneFishDown is really, really amazing.

That is awsome.

Kunark wrote:
I'd have to say stuff like dmifonts and shadowdark's sdtext. I don't know why, but that stuff jsut seems so advanced to me.

They are pretty advanced. I would say G-Text by Icklusive Entertainment is amazing too.
In response to Kunark
SDtext is easy.

I did something like that my fourth month here.
Anything made by OneFishDown or Lummox. =/
In response to Smoko
Smoko wrote:
Wizkidd0123 wrote:

That is awsome.

Kunark wrote:
I'd have to say stuff like dmifonts and shadowdark's sdtext. I don't know why, but that stuff jsut seems so advanced to me.

They are pretty advanced. I would say G-Text by Icklusive Entertainment is amazing too.

I just checked out this G-Text and I'm not impressed. I did this same thing a very very long time ago, as have many other people. I'm sure the programming for G-Text is just an edit of some on-screen text proc they found floating around.

Back on topic though, I'd have to say a demo for an equipment system OFD released awhile back was pretty nice. Unfortunately I don't have a link. I'm sure you could dig it up on the forums though.
In response to Hell Ramen
I agree. They both amaze me with each new release :P
In response to Ter13
Well, I never bothered to learn how to do it, so it baffles me as I look through the libraries on the text on-screen.

That's right up there with me with pathfinding and random maze generation :P
In response to Kunark
Kunark wrote:
That's right up there with me with pathfinding and random maze generation :P

Check out some GameDev.net Articles on A* Pathfinding. It'll take you an hour or two tops to learn A*.
In response to DarkView
Have you seen/heard of TRN2?
In response to ManDroid13
Nope, what are the differences?
DmiFonts strikes me as pretty complex.
In response to DarkView
Check out some GameDev.net Articles on A* Pathfinding. It'll take you an hour or two tops to learn A*.

Yeah A* is a lot simpler than in initially sounds. My first A* pathfinder implementation took roughly half an hour to do.
In response to DarkView
Instead of being a full 360 it's more of a 16 direction iso game, camera turning is a full 360 though, but the lag has cleared up quite a bit and the game itself is not that intensive. I still prefer TRN1. It is very shiny. :')
I would say that Exadv1's console simulation game amazed me quite a bit. It inspired me to make a small scripting language into my next game to make quests for a LIVE! Team. I'd also say that Lummox's SwapMaps library is rather nice.
In response to GoodDoggyTreat
GoodDoggyTreat wrote:
I would say that Exadv1's console simulation game amazed me quite a bit. It inspired me to make a small scripting language into my next game to make quests for a LIVE! Team. I'd also say that Lummox's SwapMaps library is rather nice.

I've been able to look around "CPU", and it rocks ultra-time.
Page: 1 2 3