ID:189913

What is the highest number of players on Byond you people have seen at one time? I saw 411 at midday today (Sunday).

-Dagolar
Dagolar wrote:
What is the highest number of players on Byond you people have seen at one time? I saw 411 at midday today (Sunday).

-Dagolar

Heheheh.. Zeta has 70+ of those people average. :)

RaeKwon
In response to RaeKwon
Good, it keeps them out of everyone else's games. :)
In response to RaeKwon
What kind of server is that which allows that many people into one game? Does it not lag at all?

-Dagolar
In response to Dagolar
Dagolar wrote:
What kind of server is that which allows that many people into one game? Does it not lag at all?

-Dagolar

OC12. The cpu stays below 10, no one lags, and we can probably withstand 500 people on at once.

RaeKwon
In response to RaeKwon
RaeKwon wrote:
Dagolar wrote:

-Dagolar

OC12. The cpu stays below 10, no one lags, and we can probably withstand 500 people on at once.

RaeKwon

he said 'what kind of server' not what kind of connection... =p

My little 200Mhz test hosting server on DSL handled 35 people at once during the height of HrH and Chatters popularity. When the line was clean, people experienced little lag, unless HrH critters started to all run around at once - then it was like Max-Payne/Matrix time! =)

But usual daily average is a peek of 10-12 users at once - and the little piece of junk handles that quite nicely.
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
When the line was clean, people experienced little lag, unless HrH critters started to all run around at once - then it was like Max-Payne/Matrix time! =)

Bullet Time on the internet is so much fun. <font size=-5>Not.</font> =P
In response to RaeKwon
500??? Holy crap...I'd be happy with a connection that handled a tenth of that.

-Dagolar
In response to Crispy
Mayhaps we should change the word lag to bullet time, that way we could say our critters in HrH are matrixing! Wo! I just saw a glitch in the hall over there with that rabbit, uhoh, that means a mod is changing something in the hall, we must ctrl+l now!

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>