ID:189962

I think everyone knows it's time to let go of all the dragon ball Z games when one of the creators of those games admits this for a hub title:

-Dragonball Online
-A revolutionary gaming experience, unlike no other!(Pernament Server)

Unlike no other...indeed. How many of these games are up and running now? How many of them are unlike no others?

-Dagolar
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:

Wow. I wonder how many have been made and put on hub just to have no one come on. People should just stop making them! let the orignal DB zeta stay and other games that have lots of people coming to them get rid of the ones no one is gonna evr look at.
[(**)]
In response to Starwarspower
Dag, we all are a bit annoyed by DBZ games. But most DBZ'ers are too dumb to post on the forums. And if they are smart enough to do so they post stuff like "BAN SUPERGOKU200023456 HE BANNED ME FROM HIS GAME FOR NO REASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111"
But its true, all the Dragonball games are unlike no other. Because if you pick that saying apart, they're not like no other. That means there's no other that they're not like. (As opposed to "unlike any other" or "like no other", which mean just the opposite.)

So no Dragonball games are not unlike no other, period.

(And as much as I know everyone wants the DBZ to go away, its not going to. And we've had these little complaining posts for years now, but there really is no benefit to them.)
In response to Foomer
That's pretty much what I meant. ;]

-Dagolar
In response to Jinjo21
oh....okay....How's Simant coming along? {:}

-Dagolar
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
(And as much as I know everyone wants the DBZ to go away, its not going to. And we've had these little complaining posts for years now, but there really is no benefit to them.)

Well actually, not everyone must want them too go away, otherwise they would be gone. Which is really disturbing when you think about it. I mean people must want to make that junk and others want to play it.
The really strange thing is that the DBZ fad is over but game after game is still being released. They havent played new episodes on Cartoon Network in ages (Id assume over a year in the US).
In response to DarkView
Nope, they just finished with the boo(i have no idea how to spell it) series. Now they are repeating again. I dont watch it much, but i have a little brother who watches it and some of my friends think its kool (their kinda late on that one). I think most every wants it to go, and most of the crappy ones not many people play. The reason that most people make these crappy, crappy games is because they think they can make it better. But they cant, because they couldnt make it to begin with. So they end up giving everyone GM powers trying to get them to stay and they start adding things so people can lvl up faster hoping that it will draw a crowd, next thing you know its 50 times worse that the original. To be honist i have never played zeta, but from what i hear its not that bad, so there is not much room for improvements without being a desent coder.
In response to Scoobert
The Zeta that got leaked is pretty weak, the latest one is meant to be pretty good. Ive seen the source from the leaked Zeta and its pretty badly written, so even a DM Guru wouldn't be able to do much too it without just deleting it and starting again. (No offence to who ever created it)
This brings up a good point, how many of these do we need? I mean, we have plenty of "anti-DBZ game" rants, I think they are beginning to clog the forum. And the arguments are basically the same, just "edited" versions of the same basic idea.
In response to DarkView
It was Dracon. I, like many, many others, have the source(It wasn't hard to get, I didn't even pay for it)to it, it wasn't completely horrible, Iv'e seen others that are much, much worse.
In response to OneFishDown
OneFishDown wrote:
This brings up a good point, how many of these do we need? I mean, we have plenty of "anti-DBZ game" rants, I think they are beginning to clog the forum. And the arguments are basically the same, just "edited" versions of the same basic idea.

Agreed, a variety of people have been complaining about the state of BYOND, yet do little to improve upon it by re-stating the same old complaints.

You don't like all the DBZ games? Then either help to create better alternatives, or don't go to the hub! Or, just ignore those games. Really quite simple and does not cause anyone to fill up the forums with repeated drivel.

Don't complain - create and contribute!
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:

f0 - 240 - 042 - 42

Also, what digi said... innovate, people! If you don't like DBZ rips outnumbering good games, then make more good games! =)
In response to Crispy
Ahhh, that banner reminds me of why you made it. My little rant about tripod thinking I was mr.f0. I found out it was my grandpa, god only knows why hes registered with tripod though. I can only but guess why he chose that name though.