ID:190112

I thought this was a good poke at the U.S. plan for war in Iraq, and how quick it is allegedly going to be.

My dad and I were walking back from lunch when he told me about this.

In the three stooges (old black and white comedy crew from the 30s and 40s), there's a clip that takes place back in time of the U.S. civil war. Moe joined the south in the war and is about to get married, and his fiance asks him:

"Moe darlin', how long you all think you gonna be?"

Moe replies, with his strong, southern accent:

"Well, I don't know. Couple o' weeks I reckon'. Takes TIME to win a war!"

The U.S. civil war lasted a total of 4 years. I thought this was a good poke at plans for a quick fight.

-Dagolar

lol, we have been learning about the civil war in history, really was an odd war, such an even fight with a not so even seting, the north should have won in about 3 weeks, but the northern generals sucked so muchit took 4 years.The south had some killer generals, truely my hats off to them for lasting 4 years. Oh ya, slavery was NOT the major issue in the civil war(just wanted to say that for those of you who think it was).
In response to Scoobert
You're right. It IS the popular issue. ;[

-Dagolar
In response to Scoobert
Yeah, it was cotton. (The fabric of our lives)
There's a big difference... In the Civil War, we're talking about armies that are roughly the same size, and have roughly the same weaponry and technology... Sure, the North had an advantage, but it wasn't anything compared to the advantage that the US army has over anything Iraq could ever hope to muster...

Heck, there was a report recently from some British soldiers stationed in Kuwait near the border that a group of Iraqi soldiers had already walked over and tried to give themselves up... The British told them that the war hadn't even started, so they'd have to wait...lol

Trust me... When it starts, it'll be over very quickly...
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
a group of Iraqi soldiers had already walked over and tried to give themselves up. The British told them that the war hadn't even started, so they'd have to wait!

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day! =D