ID:1494317

Hey all!, I've been pretty inactive lately on the art side so I figured I enter the art comp thats ongoing, not for the prize because lets face it the prize sucks. No I fancied stretching my creative bones with something and it was a good enough excuse to set some time aside.

spacebabe pixel step 4 photo PixelDuelBladeBabe_step4.png

It's a WIP I've not really pixeled character's this large before so it's a new experience for me but I'm enjoying it, thinking of doing a set of characters tied into each other. But anyways enough rambling on some CC would be nice!
I feel like the feet don't match the angles of the legs very well. Specifically her left foot. Personally, even not being able to see her foot would preserve the elegance of this pose.
Yeah I suck at posing the feet =/ this was the best position I had them in but I can see what you mean about getting rid of the left foot.

heres a small update on the character:

photo PixelDuelBladeBabe_step5.png

I'll have a mess about see what I can do to get the feet looking better.
I feel like her right foot should be pointed more towards the viewer.
Her left breast looks like it's drooping too much...should be more circular,because of the position of her left arm I would think.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
I feel like her right foot should be pointed more towards the viewer.

I removed the left foot as you suggested but as you say I think the right foot could be better positioned.

MademanOne wrote:
Her left breast looks like it's drooping too much...should be more circular,because of the position of her left arm I would think.

hmm I was going for more realistic shaped boobs but I can see what you mean

here is my newest updated version:

SpaceBabestep6 photo PixelDuelBladeBabe_step6.png

I think the left foot is needed though it looks odd atm without it.
Her right arm looks broken, so I did a little edit of that. Also, her foot is at a weird angle, so I did an example of how you could change it. Added a little bit of depth to the cape thingy, too.

There seems to be a bajillion colors, too. I don't know if you saved it as a .jpg, then saved it as a .png, or what, but most of them you can't even tell the difference between.

I love the pose and concept, though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
In response to Reformist
Reformist wrote:
Her right arm looks broken, so I did a little edit of that. Also, her foot is at a weird angle, so I did an example of how you could change it. Added a little bit of depth to the cape thingy, too.

There seems to be a bajillion colors, too. I don't know if you saved it as a .jpg, then saved it as a .png, or what, but most of them you can't even tell the difference between.

I love the pose and concept, though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'd already fixed the arm issue as I picked up on it too but thanks, that will ave me a load of time with the feet.
Well I took on your advice on the boobs and feet and what not and this is the outcome so far:

feet sorted photo PixelBabe.gif

I still need to decide on her swords but I'm enjoying this more and more, thanks a lot guys you've been a massive help.
Looks pretty good man, keep it up.
In response to MechaCloud
The wrist still looks broken lol.
Her skin could use some contrast... the excessive shading/highlighting you've added doesn't help the picture. it actually brings the quality of it down.
Her stance, you've got it down perfectly. I would redo her hands though... they make it look like she twisted her wrists.
Also, reduce the insane colorcount... I know you're using a hand drawn sketch as a base but some cleaning up would help this piece a lot.

Looking forward to see this updated! 'Cause you seriously got something cool here.
I love this skin tone color, more than that pale anime quality from 2001 look I've always seen on byond, BRIGHT Colors attract!
In response to MechaCloud
MechaCloud wrote:
hmm I was going for more realistic shaped boobs but I can see what you mean

She's already got a perfectly cut hourglass figure... I thought this was supposed to be a hyper-sexualized version of a real woman
In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:
She's already got a perfectly cut hourglass figure... I thought this was supposed to be a hyper-sexualized version of a real woman

That's a fair point, I may aswell go the whole hog, with valentines day and work I've not had time to work on this till now but heres the most upto date version. Still a lot of colours needing removed but I'm getting there.

babe with swords photo PixelDuelBladeBabe_step7.png

Let me know what you think.
Why did you tint this purple? I was really enjoying the fiery warm colors you had before, it's getting a little strange this way. The boobs are too pronounced, remove some of the lining and replace it with shading.

Everything else is great, just keep finishing it. I'm glad you finally fixed the right hand, but the forearm seems a little awkward still.. maybe it's a little too straight?
The new color is a no no...
Don't ruin the color!
I like the new color minus the purple tint on the hair. I liked the fire red for it.
Okie dokes, I've warmed the image up and got rid of the purple tones, done some work on the boobs and this is the result:

photo PixelBabe-1.gif

hopefully it's a bit better.
Page: 1 2