ID:196645

Keywords: i, like, turtles
I'm not a member but the hub forum, although nice, doesn't fit in with my design concept.

Do members have the ability to disable it?
Having just done a little dig around on my own hub entries, seems that you can't, no. I agree that's a fairly sensible kind of thing to be able to do though, as it's very much on the developer to moderate these areas and may already have alternative solutions for forums.

I'd suggest you make a feature request for it:
http://www.byond.com/forum/?forum=6

I expect you'll find a few of these oversights, so bear with us as Tom and Lummox push through them and add a little polish.
Yeah, we didn't really anticipate you wouldn't want to use the hub forums, so a feature request is a good idea.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Yeah, we didn't really anticipate you wouldn't want to use the hub forums,

Can one of you explain such an oversight is even possible? It sounds like basic common sense to me to make it possible to disable a discussion tab among other things.
Call it the Facebook problem. I like to think we're smarter than them in this area, but Facebook thinks they have one kind of user with one set of needs. We realize we have several, but it's not an easy thing to always anticipate what they'll want. Pobody's nerfect.
Members should be able to hide certian tabs on there page as well. Could be a BYOND Membership thing, since currently having a membership doesn't give alot of features.