ID:217676

It's been a while since I posted anything regarding my computer. It's almost totally different than what it was in my last post. I just thought I would post an update. I'm too lazy to do any linking. You can just look it all up on Newegg or wherever.

Case: HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX
CPU: AMD FX-8150
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
RAM: 8GB Corsair Dominator (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333
Video Card 1: Sapphire Vapor-X 6870 1GB/256bit
Video Card 2: Sapphire 6870 1GB/256bit
PSU: Kingwin Lazer LZ-1000 Modular
NIC: D-Link DWA-556
Optical: Plextor PX-880SA-26
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium
Main Drive: Patriot PS-100 64GB SSD
Secondary Drive 1: WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA II 7200RPM
Secondary Drive 2: (an old laptop HDD) 320GB 5400RPM
External Storage: WD MyBook 3.0 1TB

I benchmarked this on 3DMark '11 and got just over a 7100. The second 6870 bumped this score up from about 5300 if I remember right.

The FX-8150 only excels at multitasking and games which use more than one core. My next update to the system will most likely be a bunch of 120mm fans to replace the side and top 230mm fans (4 120s on the side and 2 on the top) for better air flow (gonna replace with multiples of the SilenX 74cfm/15dBA fan :D). Right now the sound card blocks half of the cooling fan on the second video card and my network adapter blocks a quarter of the fan on the primary video card. Bad :\ Asus didn't do a very good layout with the PCI/PCIe slots on the Sabertooth.
I'm a bit computer illiterate. About how much did all of this cost?
^ This
In response to Yusuke13
Yusuke13 wrote:
I'm a bit computer illiterate. About how much did all of this cost?

The current market value of the parts, new, is right around $2,200. Some are fairly old(not even available anymore), so it probably actually COST more than that.

That's also not including whatever ridiculously unnecessary monitor setup she has, the likely gaming mouse/keyboard, high end router, and other such peripherals.
In response to Robertbanks2
The mouse isn't much of a gaming mouse. It's just a Logitech M400 (my old G500 finally kicked the bucket). My keyboard is a Logitech G11. My router is a Linksys E3000 (a generation behind I think, but still a high performance router). Right now I don't have the desk space for more than one monitor, but I do plan on getting a new desk and 2 more 24" monitors in the future for EyeFinity.

Another note - My HAF 932 Blue Edition is the old version without USB3 on the front panel, so the $170 market value on Newegg is definitely a little more than what mine is currently worth.

The SSD, I paid about $180 for, back when SSD technology was just coming out. The secondary drive 2, I ripped out of my old HP tm2t tablet PC when its graphics controller died. I have no idea how much it is worth. The RAM, I bought for $200. My optical drive was about $20 if I remember correctly.

I believe everything else is currently listed on Newegg.

EDIT
Oh yeah, the CPU cooler I bought for about $50 (on Amazon I think).