ID:100071

Mega Man

Capture the Flag has a few bugs that I will address when I've finished a few things on DMO. Overall it seems to run well with a bunch of players.

Next update will polish the CTF mode, displaying results and such. Although I'm still in the dark as how this should be done.

Duel Monsters Online

We had a couple of short tests over the weekend, thanks to those that helped out. We only had 4 testers this time.

Overall it seemed to go well, the biggest challenge was tester confusion over what to do. It is in early phases so not everything is polished and ready to go. Almost all the reports were about missing card effects, which had just been unfinished and left in by oversight.

No major problems were found, which hopefully is a good sign. I've already done a bunch of things to polish the game up today, it will look much nicer next test. It's progressing very quickly.
Glad to hear things are progressing quickly.
do u have an estimate on when it will be out...i just can't wait to get back on DMO
I'd like to give an estimate but it's difficult. Progress is good but there is so much left to do. I'd like to have at least a few hundred cards done, as well as the deck editor and some basic lobby functionality. Anything else can be added in later.
I must say it is really heartening to see what is arguably the best Yu-Gi-Oh game on BYOND seeing such progress. No matter the time you require to work on it though, please do give us updates on its progress once in a while! Definitely gives would-be players like myself more pep.
Kajika, I understand your reasoning on leaving alot of cards out, but please try to make it accurate to the rules of the game and include full sets of cards.

I mean, sure, it's less work to put it cards you think people will use, but sheesh. You can't just take cards out just because no one uses them, sometimes these cards come in handy and it puts people off from playing when the game is missing half the stuff from a set of cards.

I use to play DMO back in the day, but as things changed and certain cards weren't in the game, I quit. I mean, with how it is and how you seem you're going to have it, it's just a butchered card game, nothing like the real deal.
CTF plays wrong on Mega Man. When you touch your own flag, it's sent back to your base, and you only score when both flags are at your base. People SHOULD have a 'GOT FLAG' over their head when they have the flag, too...
Kajika i'm soooo glad that ur adding more cards because i was getting tired of seeing the same old decks. If u want i can be a tester of the game. Also, do u think u could add more of the new cards like crystal beasts and stuff like that? Ty for trying ur hardest to get it out. Can't wait to play the best game on byond again. :)
Gyronova13
Thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing it back up myself.

Yammen
I know I'm going to have a lot of players hate me over this decision. However, if players simply can't live without cards like Legendary Sword, Sand Stone, Metal Fish, and Steel Scorpion then I'll add in the requested cards.

You have to keep in mind each card requires a certain amount of time to set up and test. The worst part is the extra resource download. Something I'm already struggling with.

Others have brought up the suggestion that it would "break the balance", personally I don't believe Yu-Gi-Oh! was balanced at any point(at least up to MFC, my knowledge doesn't extend past there).

NeonJ
I'll see what I can do. Thank you.
I have personally never played DMO, but I have heard great things about it. And I hope that in the future, I will be able to play it as well. I'm sure it is going to be a great game, and I know you are trying hard to put everything in to it. Thank you for that.
get rid of the normal cards nobody ever uses that have an atk of 200 and things like that mainly many ppl dont use normal cards any more
Hey if you need any extra $ for a dedicated server and such, I'll be happy to donate to see this game back in action.
Kajika can you put up a permenanat old version server, so we can play?
I noticed that the host of a server can't slide (DOWN + JUMP) and rapidly blinks in CTF. The blinking doesn't affect other gametypes, but I'm unsure of the sliding.
Yammen wrote:
Kajika, I understand your reasoning on leaving alot of cards out, but please try to make it accurate to the rules of the game and include full sets of cards.

I mean, sure, it's less work to put it cards you think people will use, but sheesh. You can't just take cards out just because no one uses them, sometimes these cards come in handy and it puts people off from playing when the game is missing half the stuff from a set of cards.

I use to play DMO back in the day, but as things changed and certain cards weren't in the game, I quit. I mean, with how it is and how you seem you're going to have it, it's just a butchered card game, nothing like the real deal.

He's removing the really rubbish ones that no one will ever actually use, only those who really don't know how to play, like Doma, the Angel of silence etc. Don't get annoyed about it, ones which are half decent/ good he's keeping, I fully agree with the decision.

If it bothers you that much that some worthless cards aren't in it you could always play another Yugioh game which has them, they're just there for the sake of it rather than being used, this way it's a bit less work and we get our DMO back quicker.
Gyronova13 wrote:
Kajika can you put up a permenanat old version server, so we can play?

It would be so brilliant if you did, we're all very much so looking forward to the new DMO but, while we wait, we'd all love to be able to play the old one for now, it was still a damn good game and I'm quite sure I'm not the only person who misses it and is dying to play again.
well kajika said he would lose many players because of the changes he made but the ratio of ppl who want the game compared to ppl who want the game and all of the cards that many dont use is like 100-1 so let the man do it the way he wants it
ya, I agree with furosuchi a temperary old server
would be great while we wait. I also think a great Addition to the game would be the "Destiny Hero" cards from the GX series.
I AGGREE WITH FURCHISO JUST PUT THE OLD ONE BAK UP FOR NOW IF U NEW A HOST I CAN DO THT
Nice to know things are going well.
Page: 1 2