If you know the context of this one, you'll appreciate it.

"This is no time to make new enemies."
-Voltaire
Vermolius wrote:
Toadfish wrote:
I don't think it's circular, Verm :P
-- Me again.

Maybe, until you realize that beating others is an achievement if you view it that way.

Aye, then it's circular. But I think the author was looking at achievements as being something personal, rather than something interpersonal, if that makes sense...

"Why do people troll great quotes?" - EnigmaticGallivanter
Toadfish wrote:
Aye, then it's circular. But I think the author was looking at achievements as being something personal, rather than something interpersonal, if that makes sense...

It makes some sense, yes, but what is the point in living in such a secluded self-centered way?
I think the quote itself can be taken as clarifying the difference between achievements, which the author claims are objective, and competitiveness. Whether it's self-centered... well I'd say Ayn Rand's philosophy pretty much was, from what I know of it.
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
"Why do people troll great quotes?" - EnigmaticGallivanter

Quotes that suggest selfishness, and lack depth, meaning, and general moral justification are not great.

Rand is a nutsack.
-me
I like the second one from the bottom.. About leisure time. The best of ideas come from leisure as well, because leisure isnt as easily stunted by what seems currently applicable. I learn more from classes by enjoying it.. It always allows me to see things in a new light.

Haha.. Like today I applied combination's to binomials.. Binomial Theorem is very interesting, I try imagining each "power" as signifying another dimension and define the space inbetween units as "spots".. Very fun way of thinking of it.

"When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live."

That one is nice too, I can definitely relate to it.

Then again.. Poetry, quotes, etc are usually rhetoric, and can be torn apart if one really attempted. I just love taking what I want from em and leaving.. :P
"Circular logic is circular."

-Vermolius , this made my day.
"...Or should I?"
- Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Naokohiro wrote:
"...Or should I?"

Now I'd like to hear the context of that.
Toadfish wrote:
Naokohiro wrote:
"...Or should I?"

Now I'd like to hear the context of that.

http://kylemonk.tumblr.com/post/499171255/ i-thought-what-id-do-was-id-pretend-i-was-one
Page: 1 2