ID:100131

After looking around the internet a bit, I found some interesting quotes that could be directed at the members of BYOND; be them developers, players, trolls, or the random player that admires the owner of a game so much it is annoying.

-"Attitudes truly are contagious. So ask yourself one question… Is mine worth catching?"

-"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the day, saying, “I will try again tomorrow”."

-"You always admire what you really don’t understand."

-"One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever."

-"Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world."

-"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from the old ones."

-"When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live."

-"I personally think we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain."

-"Men of genius are not quick judges of character. Deep thinking and high imagining blunt that trivial instinct by which you and I size people up."

-"The awareness of the ambiguity of one’s highest achievements (as well as one’s deepest failures) is a definite symptom of maturity."

-"The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice…it is conformity."

-"Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better."

-"Leisure time should be an occasion for deep purpose to throb and for ideas to ferment. Where a man allows leisure to slip without some creative use, he has forfeited a bit of happiness."

-"If you want to have a long career then you must first and foremost love process. All else should pale in front of the love of what you are doing as you make your work."

I hope you all can tell which ones apply to you.
"I'm a dreamer."
PerfectGoku wrote:
"I'm a dreamer."

"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up."
Albro1 wrote:
PerfectGoku wrote:
"I'm a dreamer."

"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up."
---
"It's over 8000!"
PerfectGoku wrote:
"It's over 8000!"

That shit pissed me off.
Albro1 wrote:
PerfectGoku wrote:
"It's over 8000!"

That shit pissed me off.
---
"lol"
-"Attitudes truly are contagious. So ask yourself one question… Is mine worth catching?"

mine negatively effects people :D. It creeps through your bones and makes you lazy >:O
Masschaos100 wrote:

mine negatively effects people :D. It creeps through your bones and makes you lazy >:O

Is your computer retarded? Look what it did to 3 periods.
"What once was a logo is now in my bloodstream."
"Any prize worth having requires a risk." - Kurama
"Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values." - Ayn Rand

"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others." - Ayn Rand
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
"Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values." - Ayn Rand

"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others." - Ayn Rand

ROFLCOPTER!
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:

Circular logic is circular.

"Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time. "
-George S. Patton

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
-Winston Churchill

Two great men, both FULL of great quotes.
The thing about quotes is that most can be directed at anyone and anything.
-- Me
I don't think it's circular, Verm :P
-- Me again.
Oh, the one on conformity is great. You can always ruin a non-conformist's ideology by pointing out that intentionally nonconforming conforms you with nonconformists, thus making the ideology of nonconformity false.
Finally, here is one of my favorite quotes, by Michel de Montaigne, commenting on the death of a friend:

"If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was myself."
Disturbed Kat wrote:
Oh, the one on conformity is great. You can always ruin a non-conformist's ideology by pointing out that intentionally nonconforming conforms you with nonconformists, thus making the ideology of nonconformity false.

However your statements about conformists is only true if we assume the nonconformists are nonconformists for the sake of not being conformists, thus conforming to a nonconformist ideology which is in fact a conformist ideology in and of itself. But we must take into account the possibility of genuine nonconformity, opposed to an ideology of conformists rather than nonconforming for the sake of being a nonconformist. There is also room to discuss whether a nonconformist ideology still stands when its messengers are nonconformists for the sake of nonconformity, because it might very well be the case that a nonconformist ideology stands in opposition to a conformist ideology regardless of the intentions of its creators, conformist or nonconformist.

tl;dr you just made my head spin.
Toadfish wrote:
I don't think it's circular, Verm :P
-- Me again.

Maybe, until you realize that beating others is an achievement if you view it that way.
Page: 1 2