ID:100184

I was reading on Serebii about the new pokemon stuff and everything..

It seems to me that pokemon is taking a big step in the right direction.

*Pretty Good Pokemon overall, Only 3 or four disappoint me and it doesn't seem that there will be too many legends this time around.
*Buttload of new pokemon, Supposedly 150-200 from what I hear.
*Massive expansions upon the multiplayer features and battling.
*Apparently the story won't be focusing on just collecting badges, Don't know if it's true or not.
*The graphics, as always, impress me.
*Just a whole bunch of new content and interesting features;Pokemon Musical, Dream world, Seasons and some bigger difference between versions

It seems like they're improving in virtually everything, IMO. Though it's pretty obvious some of the new pokemon designs are garbage in comparison to Gen 1, 2 and 4.

Dislikes
*Since I haven't even tried it out, I'm sort of scared to say this. But I don't really like pokemon musical all that much.

Opinions?
I hate that shitty pink deer.

Edit: and that swan
I like everything else except what's said below.
Eh, The Deers decent. The swan is just...a fucking swan. Q_Q It's so horrible.

I don't like the Swan, Munna or Gear.
Riku 123q wrote:
Eh, The Deers decent. The swan is just...a fucking swan. Q_Q It's so horrible.

I don't like the Swan, Munna or Gear.

I love that rainbow bird. It looks good, best looking so far. Well in my opinion.
Here's how I see it. Pokemon has been Pokemon since I've started playing it in middle school. Besides adding a few fluff features, it hasn't changed too much and while I am of keeping a game true to it's roots, there are ways you can evolve a game while still staying true to the game's core values.

Game Freaks obviously doesn't know how to do this. Every single Pokemon game I've played has been nothing more then a re-hash with a couple extra features I could care less about. The story for most (if not all the games) leave very little to be desired and I feel the combat system as well as the leveling system is old and arcanic.

I love how Pokemon works in the animated series, how the combat flows in a fight instead of just taking turns. this is how combat should be. I also like how trainers can work with Pokemon to get past their intinal flaws. We have witnessed Pokemon who have trained to earn resistances against elements. We have seen ground type Pokemon that could resist water based attacks. I want the freedom to choose how I train my Pokemon.

Adding more Pokemon is one of the most unnecessary elements of the game. they should be relying more on other elements of the game then adding more Pokemon.

The graphics are laughable. I can't believe Game Freaks still seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to get away with their shitty 3D-esc 2D crap these days. When compared to games like Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker Edition, Dragon Quest 9 and Final Fantasy, Pokemon's graphics fail and die in comparison. Just adding 3D to the game would refreash the series for me.

I'll try it, but I doubt it'll impress me anymore then it has in the past. Which isn't much.
Ham Doctor wrote:
[First two paragraphs]

I like how your grammar butchers what you're trying to say.

I love how Pokemon works in the animated series, how the combat flows in a fight instead of just taking turns. this is how combat should be. I also like how trainers can work with Pokemon to get past their intinal flaws. We have witnessed Pokemon who have trained to earn resistances against elements. We have seen ground type Pokemon that could resist water based attacks. I want the freedom to choose how I train my Pokemon.

Make the combat real time.. strange way to keep the core values of the game together. The rest of what you say here holds some merit.

Adding more Pokemon is one of the most unnecessary elements of the game. they should be relying more on other elements of the game then adding more Pokemon.

While partially true, I can see a lot of people being angry if they didn't add new pokemon now and then.

The graphics are laughable. I can't believe Game Freaks still seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to get away with their shitty 3D-esc 2D crap these days. When compared to games like Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker Edition, Dragon Quest 9 and Final Fantasy, Pokemon's graphics fail and die in comparison. Just adding 3D to the game would refreash the series for me.

Let's trade very pretty 2D sprites for PS1 era 3D models, whippie! Not that I dislike DQMJ or DQ9 graphics, I just prefer 2D over 3D if it means PS1 style garbage.

Vermolius wrote:
Ham Doctor wrote:
[First two paragraphs]

I like how your grammar butchers what you're trying to say.

Yeah, because this is obviously a debate douchebag.

Make the combat real time.. strange way to keep the core values of the game together. The rest of what you say here holds some merit.

The core values of Pokemon were catching and training Pokemon. It'd be more then easy enough to change the combat system in a way to make it more fluid without ruining what the game is supposed to be about.

While partially true, I can see a lot of people being angry if they didn't add new pokemon now and then.

Those people are faggots. How many people go out of their way to catch every single god damn Pokemon? And for the people who do, do they honestly use them all? I'd like to know what they do for a living if they got that much fucking time to spend on a video game.

Let's trade very pretty 2D sprites for PS1 era 3D models, whippie! Not that I dislike DQMJ or DQ9 graphics, I just prefer 2D over 3D if it means PS1 style garbage.

I'd beg to disagree. The Nintendo DS can generally put out much nicer graphics then PSX era graphics. Game Freaks is just being lazy, pure and simple.
Pokémon and real time combat for a handheld seems retarded to me. It would look like that game; Naruto: Ninja Destiny but shittier.
So far, I find the 3D and a decent amount of the new pokemon disgusting; Pokemon was never meant to be a 3D overworld thing, only a 2D one (I'd accept 3D battles, though). Also, a lot of the new pokemon are odd and uninspired (like that flying pikachu squirrel).

However, I'll play it anyway, and chances are I'll enjoy it.
I really think they are taking a step forward with all the new pokemon, i look forward to obtaining a fire/psychic type legend and they`ve seemed to have improved on the battle system having the pokemon move at all different times not just at the beginning.

i`m also looking forward to the high link(the closest thing to a MMORPG that we`ll get in one of these games)

even though i like the fact they added seasons, i think because certian pokemon only appear during certian seasons, it will add a certian difficulty that we never had before.

Overall, i`m gonna really enjoy this game.
I dunno...I am sick of how repetitive the battle system is (which is the main point of the game). Requires no skill at all to have strong Pokemon, just patience and knowledge.
3 on 3 Battles, Obvious Dragon Legendary Mascots... Pokemon maybe great but their repeating themselves. I would've assumed after Arceus being the god of pokemon, they would've ended it. But apparently they are going into the philsophy of "Light and Darkness". >.> What's next People? Not bashing pokemon Either because its cool but I wasn't expecting a new Gen.
Liltroy614 wrote:
I would've assumed after Arceus being the god of pokemon

Another idiot who does only goes off of what others say.
Arcues is not the god of pokemon..They said he was the creator.
.-.
Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon, Mew is the Omega Pokemon *is shot*

That being said, the themes this time are Fire and Electricity it seems for the legendary dragons.