Tiberath wrote:
$100.00 is what I would have considered to be enough for someone to submit a game. Especially with Lummox's 8k competition going as well.

If someone can submit a game to both competitions, within the boundaries of both competitions and win first place for both competitions, they walk away with $150.00 USD. How is that not inviting? If anything, I'd say running both competitions at the same time will encourage people to join both. Thus resulting in lots of completed (albeit 8k) casual games. It's an interesting scenario, I'm curious to see how it plays out, especially considering the drastic judging criteria on both.

You need more faith in BYOND.

I have a bit of faith, since the Space Game challenge did get quite a few people, sadly that was a scam. Hopefully that doesn't scare those other developers away. Since they are both being run by well known and somewhat endorsed BYOND Members.
Would a puzzle game be fine to submit?
Sinfall wrote:
You've never seen a BYOND contest, I would be surprised if 3 people finish a game for this contest.

apparently you have never seen a real BYOND contest either, as the Cartridge Classic in January 2006 had 14 entries, and 11 of those qualified for judging.
Just out of curiosity, how many people have entered in this so far?
Metamorphman wrote:

Absolutely no idea.
Metamorphman wrote:

As of now, 4 people 5 entries

Huck Dunt
Squared
Fusion Finale
Hot Tomato
hex War

Edit: 11:59 pm, haha, last post of the day
Gigimoi wrote:
Huck Dunt
Squared
Fusion Finale
Hot Tomato
hex War

PascalsChallenge
Gigimoi wrote:
Metamorphman wrote:

As of now, 4 people 5 entries

Huck Dunt
Squared
Fusion Finale
Hot Tomato
hex War

Edit: 11:59 pm, haha, last post of the day

You forgot Doomed Dreams.
Page: 1 2