ID:100891

Keywords: mmorpg
Struggling in a new hostile environment is a lot easier if you can rely on friendly companions. So here I am, looking for those in the BYOND community that have some spare time between 10 to 18 CET on a semi frequent base and that would want to explore a new world. Please feel free to leave a comment and means of contact if you feel that cooperative team-play in a MMORPG is what you like to strive for.

As for the game itself, I'm looking for suggestions. But I'm rather picky, so to say. The game must be free to play indefinitely. If there is an item shop or any option to purchase goods, it shouldn't be game-breaking functionality. There would have to be a somewhat decent GUI (not graphics, mind you, but an interface like Daimonin is past acceptable and Gekkeiju is rather clumsy as well) and the game has to feature real time combat with the option of battling other players (no turn based RPGs). Decent quests (asides of the insane kill x y and collect z of y), player influenced story, the ability to evolve without battles and skills advancing by use instead of levelling your healing abilities by killing creatures would be much welcomed. Kudos to you if the game supports Linux.
If you know of such a game, please leave me a link!

Thank you in advance for anybody reading and hopefully answering my request!
Hey there. Have you heard of Dungeons & Dragons: Online? I frequently play it, and it is pretty much created simply for community-oriented gameplay. I could list all the features here, but I'd rather just list the website link, so here you go: http://www.ddo.com/
Crazah wrote:
Hey there. Have you heard of Dungeons & Dragons: Online? I frequently play it, and it is pretty much created simply for community-oriented gameplay. I could list all the features here, but I'd rather just list the website link, so here you go: http://www.ddo.com/

Apparently you earn "DDO points" as you play, but you can also buy them with real cash, and they buy you weapons 'n shiz in-game.
I think Runescape is near that although, I think the free part of the game does become limited.

ts
Tsfreaks wrote:
I think Runescape is near that although, I think the free part of the game does become limited.

ts

Ew runescape *pukes*
Murrawhip wrote:
Apparently you earn "DDO points" as you play, but you can also buy them with real cash, and they buy you weapons 'n shiz in-game.

No, that's not true.
DDO points can buy a lot of useful items, but not weapons. DDO points are mostly used to unlock in-game content, like quest strings and areas.
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
No, that's not true.
DDO points can buy a lot of useful items, but not weapons. DDO points are mostly used to unlock in-game content, like quest strings and areas.

I'm just going off what the website says:
"Get to the in-game DDO Store, and gear up with anything from healing potions for where it hurts, to a full selection of weaponry to deal some hurt of your own. Cash in the Turbine Points you've earned while playing or buy them outright. Get the gear you've got to have to bring your foes to their knees!
"
Murrawhip wrote:
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
No, that's not true.

I'm just going off what the website says:
"Get to the in-game DDO Store, and gear up with anything from healing potions for where it hurts, to a full selection of weaponry to deal some hurt of your own. Cash in the Turbine Points you've earned while playing or buy them outright. Get the gear you've got to have to bring your foes to their knees!
"

Hmm. I've never seen a weapon or armor in the DDO store though. /me shrugs