ID:101036

"They [the students] have become grim-faced tacticians, obsessed not with self-discovery or academic progress, but with rounding up the magical 12 credits, typically four classes, they need to qualify as full-time students to keep their financial aid, stay in the dormitory, remain on their parents' medical insurance policies."
- LA Times.

Yeah, that pretty much sums up how life here in California's bullcrap education system works. I blame the Governator.

Are there any other school systems out there in the US or anywhere else in the world are completely budgetless or faulty? Probably not. I hate California, so much. The air quality's some of the worst in Western US, the school systems are completely overwhelmed with swarms of students, the state is well near bankruptcy... I hate everything.
Cool story bro
Perhaps if the welfare system were dumped, there would be some available moneys.
Yep, I know a lot of people who do this.
I blame the students.
DISD - Dallas Independent School District. Sucks balls.. Even the Science and Engineering Magnet at Townview has a shitty budget.

Haha, I blame the stupid.
You should check out what Jeb did to Florida. You'll cry.
What did Jeb do to Florida?!
Bikinis on top?
Florida's education system may be the worst in the country. The entire system is based on standardized tests. How much money a school gets is based on the FCAT scores of the children in the schools. Not to mention, everyone has to pass the FCAT to graduate. Due to these, the only thing children are taught is how to pass the FCAT. When they get to any sort of real classes, they have no idea what to do.

My roommate's sister went to college and had so many problems because she didn't know how to format a proper essay because the only thing she was taught was how to write essays for the FCAT.

I can honestly say that I didn't learn shit about English or Math after middle school. Everything I know, I know because I took it upon myself to learn it. Hell, my mother taught me math in elementary school because she thought that there was no reason a second grader shouldn't be taught long division.
Hiro the Dragon King wrote:
Florida's education system may be the worst in the country. The entire system is based on standardized tests. How much money a school gets is based on the FCAT scores of the children in the schools. Not to mention, everyone has to pass the FCAT to graduate. Due to these, the only thing children are taught is how to pass the FCAT. When they get to any sort of real classes, they have no idea what to do.

My roommate's sister went to college and had so many problems because she didn't know how to format a proper essay because the only thing she was taught was how to write essays for the FCAT.

I can honestly say that I didn't learn shit about English or Math after middle school. Everything I know, I know because I took it upon myself to learn it. Hell, my mother taught me math in elementary school because she thought that there was no reason a second grader shouldn't be taught long division.

That's how it is in several other states as well.
http://www.worsttofirst.org/

We're even below Mississippi...