ID:101069

Keywords: creation, mod
After much recent inspiration I've taken some time into learning how to operate ModPlug Tracker to create amazingly small and BYOND-compatible music files. I've been a fan of modular music for quite a while now and frequent The Mod Archive for inspiration and extremely awesome music pieces. What I like the most is that they're small; the PERFECT size for BYOND games. I recommend installing the ModPlug suite, and looking around at the Mod Plug's various music files. You will like what you see, trust me.

But onto what I'VE made; I've spent an hour or two creating this small test music file. It's nothing complete and there may be a few notes out of tune that I didn't catch. All of the samples have been ripped from instrumental libraries and other music (which probably isn't illegal so long as I don't SELL my work). If you don't know what samples are; samples are sound files that can be manipulated and used to create tones in a music file. I'm not going to lie, I'm very friggin' proud of what I made here and it sounds amazingly good to me.

You can download it Here. You will need some kind of audio player that supports .MOD extensions. If you don't, download ModPlug player and optionally the tracker if you're interesting in editing/dissecting the music I made. It's only a couple of seconds long, and I have to emphasize the fact it is an EXPERIMENT of rythem and patterns.
I'd also like to point out this tutorial is extremely helpful, and if you're ever curious about composing modular music I'd suggest looking at it.
The wiki seems to require another slash on the URL to find the document. Fixed. =)
ACWraith wrote:
The wiki seems to require another slash on the URL to find the document. Fixed. =)

Ah, yes!
You will need some kind of audio player that supports .MOD extensions.

You say to people who have the BYOND Suite installed..
Vermolius wrote:
You will need some kind of audio player that supports .MOD extensions.

You say to people who have the BYOND Suite installed..

yes but why would you use BYOND to play the music for JUST listening to it? That's just silly!
Duelmaster409 wrote:
yes but why would you use BYOND to play the music for JUST listening to it? That's just silly!

Sillier than downloading some new software to do so if all you want to do is listen to a single .mod file?

Vermolius wrote:
Duelmaster409 wrote:

Sillier than downloading some new software to do so if all you want to do is listen to a single .mod file?

Well, you have a good point. I'm trying to raise awareness of ModPlug for those who don't know what it is.
Duelmaster409 wrote:
Well, you have a good point. I'm trying to raise awareness of ModPlug for those who don't know what it is.

I know, and it's a good cause, I suppose. I'm trying to raise awareness as well.

Modular music makes everything better~