ID:101076

OK... so lots and lots... and lots of work and I finally finished the last core feature. I've got a few bugs to figure out but by and large, it's feature complete.

Hopefully, experienced application developers will be able to appreciate this "spree" undertaking.

Lines of code: 2160
Windows: 22
Controls: 201

Anyway, the next few steps for tonight and tomorrow.
- Bug Fixes
- A ton of Help/About Info
- Idea and PopLava spec scrubbing
- Content additions and real usability testing

and I just wanted to say... "Go BYOND!". It pretty much kicks ass when it comes to interfaces. Certainly, I could always use more features but... for a GAME development platform... its crazy good at doing other stuff.

and... do you know what pisses me off... 99 times out of 100, any buggy behavior in my game/apps is always my own fault!?! I cannot say that about other development platforms.

ts
Two questions:

1. What is PopLava?

2. What features are you adding?

The number of lines of code doesn't mean much. You could write 10,000 lines of code to define 10,000 types of turfs. You could also write 100 lines of code and do something really neat. Just knowing the number of lines doesn't tell us much.
Forum_account wrote:
Two questions:

1. What is PopLava?
PopLava is an effort to build up a software development studio. I keep trying to work with people but everyone refuses for whatever reasons valid or not.

My lack of upbeat social behavior doesn't help either but I haven't given up just yet.

2. What features are you adding?

While reporting my day to day progress, I'm keeping it under wraps until its ready to go live. Blogging about nothing sucks and I know it but its my way of "venting my exhaustive efforts".

The number of lines of code doesn't mean much. You could write 10,000 lines of code to define 10,000 types of turfs. You could also write 100 lines of code and do something really neat. Just knowing the number of lines doesn't tell us much.

I know its meaningless for the most part but when its done over 3 days, it seems a little more significant and it shows progress at least in a small way. Keep in mind, this is from an application stand point as well. I'm not making a particle effects system, I'm writing lots of event handlers and manipulating lots of data. :)

ts