ID:101182

So I haven't been on BYOND (more or less, a "member" of BYOND) until recently.

What's new everyone?

I was thinking of creating another game but the new DM seems kind of difficult to navigate.

What exactly are the major changes (I don't want to see that damn .txt file of the changes) from the old BYOND to this one?
Interfaces, some networking, some old built-in procs are being phased out and some other things.

I guess you should say when you left in order to establish the time-line you missed.
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Interfaces, some networking, some old built-in procs are being phased out and some other things.

I guess you should say when you left in order to establish the time-line you missed.

I don't quite remember when.. ^^;
But I think around '07-'08.
DM really hasn't changed that much for you, then.
Duelmaster409 wrote:
DM really hasn't changed that much for you, then.

Oh. Then consider this post useless T_T
You forgetting about isometric?
Gamemakingdude wrote:

Wait what?
MegamanVirus wrote:
Gamemakingdude wrote:

Wait what?

Oh Isometric functionality got added in.
Gamemakingdude wrote:
MegamanVirus wrote:
Gamemakingdude wrote:

Wait what?

Wow that's pretty bad-ass. Any games actually use it yet?
MegamanVirus wrote:
Gamemakingdude wrote:
MegamanVirus wrote:
Gamemakingdude wrote:

Wait what?

not really.
Gamemakingdude wrote:
MegamanVirus wrote:
Gamemakingdude wrote:
MegamanVirus wrote:
Gamemakingdude wrote:

Wait what?

not really.

Bummer. Anything major change though? As in would it interfere if I tried to code in the DM I knew from a few years back?
Nope not that i can think of
Actually, yeah, Gamemakingdude.

There's been some built-in procs that now take different args, some built-in procs that are being phased out -- basically renamed --, as well as some added procs and variables.
Also, there are quite a good amount of isometric games being developed/already developed. You just have to look hard enough.

Hell, OneFishDown had a fully working isometric game way before BYOND 4.0 came out.

An example of an isometric game would be http://www.byond.com/games/Zete/PokemonZ
You can now call() DLLs. Though, the calls can only be executed server-side.
Besides the isometric additions, BYOND now supports icon sizes larger than 32x32, so there's no need for multitiling.

BYOND is now capable of pixel movement over servers having the same speed as off of servers.

Where you here when interface files were introduced? If not, you can edit the window interface as you please now.

Key repeat doesn't suck anymore.

By the way, Rockman: Heroes of Legend = many memories for me. It's pretty much what got me into making Megaman games on BYOND. I think I played it after you went inactive here, though. Would be fairly nostalgic if you hosted it again.
Now that's specifics. o_o

Sweet! Pixel movement! Any games that applied it?

And I wasn't here with the interface files, but I quickly familiarized myself with it (thank you DM help).

Edit: Woops, used the other key. LOL

As far as Rockman: Heroes of Legend, I wish I could host it but I no longer have it. :(

I'm working on an original, non Megaman game at the moment.
I'm glad I indirectly inspired you for Megaman games though!
Lots of little pixel movement things have come out here and there. I'm currently working on a Megaman and Zelda game with it. The Megaman game is online, Zelda single player.

Here's some recent pixel movementified games:

MOLE

A Miner Adventure

Kajika's Megaman

That's just a few of 'em.

Oh hey MV, long time no see. Pretty much pixelated movement is implement along with a few customizations on Dream Seeker. Do you plan on reviving HoL again?
Jet162 wrote:
Oh hey MV, long time no see. Pretty much pixelated movement is implement along with a few customizations on Dream Seeker. Do you plan on reviving HoL again?

Haha so I can see.

I wish I could revive it, but the source is forever lost. I'm sorry.
Page: 1 2