ID:101193

Keywords: anime
So last week I went out and bought myself Moon Phase and Black Blood Brothers. I was in the mood for vampires, having already exhausted Trinity Blood and Vampire Hunter D.

I decided to start on Moon Phase, as my brother had claimed possession of Black Blood Brothers. Presently I'm two DVDs down from six, and I've come to one startling conclusion: The opening sequence is awful. Just horrid.

(For anyone wondering, the dialogue in that song is subtitled to "Kitty Ears" and "Kitty Ear Mode"...)

Aside from the god-awful opening title sequence, the trailer does much the same that Aquarion did. It makes the anime look way more serious than it actually is. It's less like super-awesome-vampire-kill-love-story and more like Kaze no Stigma. Some pretty cool action scenes when they happen, but most of the time it's the male and female protagonists complaining about each other to one another.

Still, it's not too bad. It's at least worth the money I spent on it, and it has me wanting to finish watching, so it was all worth it. I doubt my final review of it will be negative, unless they pull the same stunt that Witchblade did. That really annoyed me.

And now, a song:
It's been a while, but I think at least some of the major issues get resolved by the 25th episode. The 26th is then some sort of spaced-out brain fart removed from continuity.
I always thought is was more of a cutesy anime, and that's what it is, really. Have you seen Vampire Knight? Or Blood+? Those are wonderful.
DivineTraveller wrote:
I always thought is was more of a cutesy anime, and that's what it is, really. Have you seen Vampire Knight? Or Blood+? Those are wonderful.

Vampire Knight is pretty bad actually.
It is one of those series made for girls. With lots of pretty looking boys, being almost gay with each other (kind of like Twilight).

Blood+ isn't bad, but it is too long and drawn out.

If you want vampires in anime... You're going to be disappointed, because there isn't really a lot to choose from.
Your best bet would be Hellsing (though that is less vampire, and more over the top action with liberal use of blood and gore).
The Magic Man wrote:
DivineTraveller wrote:

Vampire Knight is pretty bad actually.

Okay, sure. I think it's just fine, the plot wasn't too bad, etc. I don't get what's so horrid about it.
DivineTraveller wrote:
Okay, sure. I think it's just fine, the plot wasn't too bad, etc. I don't get what's so horrid about it.

Read the rest of the post. It is Twilight, the anime series.
Lots of pretty boys who often find themselves topless, being homo-erotic with each other.
It has no particularly interesting plot or character development, and if you're not a girl who wants to go gaga over pretty boys, it is fairly dull actually.
The Magic Man wrote:
DivineTraveller wrote:

Read the rest of the post.

I did, it was equivalent to 'blah blah blah' -- you don't like it, I get that. I thought it was interesting, do you get that?

The Magic Man wrote:
Your best bet would be Hellsing (though that is less vampire, and more over the top action with liberal use of blood and gore).

Bought and seen already.

--

MoonPhase might be cutesy, but again, it does have it's pretty kick ass scenes.