ID:101330

Keywords: techtree

Congratulations.  Congratulations.  Congratulations...

Acebloke announced the results of August's AceMedalTable.  No updates have been released, but the post also states that he has been working on Wargames and Wargames2.  He plans to make sure their development is more active than it was last year.

Meanwhile, Kozuma3 mentioned in the comments of the results that he is working on a game inspired by Acebloke's Micro Defence.

I kept meaning to suggest some Riverside interface changes directly to the developer, but it appears I'm too late.  Mechanos7 is setting the game aside to work on a sequel.  Specific changes to the turn-based tactical battles have not been mentioned, but the game will now have a steampunk setting instead of a medieval one.

Hiro the Dragon King is designing a CCG based on the BYOND community.  Players are tasked with draining the "Subscribers" of their opponents.  "Resource" cards added to "Caches" can be consumed to add "Game" cards to the "Hub".

Effects for Game cards will be tied to their genre.  The strategy effects are yet to be determined.  One should assume this is because of the difficulty involved in portraying their greatness while preserving game balance and not because BYOND Strategy is a mere afterthought, right?  RIGHT?!

Marvelous is looking for a team to help develop an RTS/RPG called Aeson.  Players will own bases and manage armies.  No payment is offered.  Marvelous will be attempting to create some of the art.

Knowing that developers might already be busy with both BYOND Casual's Imagination Competition and Lummox JR's BYOND Cartridge Classic II, IainPeregrine is running a poll to help determine the date for this year's Game in a Day event.  Suggestions for the theme can also be made on his blog.

Here's yet another link to the StarScurrier mock-up to pretend I've been working on it.  I still haven't.  Portions of my entry to the Imagination Competition are becoming playable though...  It's still a rhythm action game if it's silent, right?

Fooldom Come: One subscription. Many games.

If it isn't already too late... Sign the petition from the Electronic Consumers Association that will be submitted along with their amicus brief in the case of Schwarzenegger v. EMA. Protect your gamer rights!

Too many contests at once. They should've been spread out.
Magicbeast20 wrote:

Mine was spur of the moment. I didn't expect two more to appear quickly thereafter.
Tiberath wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:

Mine was spur of the moment. I didn't expect two more to appear quickly thereafter.

I was already planning the CCII before you announced yours; I just hadn't mentioned it to anyone besides Tom or Nadrew.

Hey AC, you forgot to mention the new library. I imagine JRUtils - Numbers would be very conducive to strategy games. When I rewrite Incursion one of these days it's going in there.
Tiberath wrote:

I don't know about you, but I thought Lummox's "Get your cheat on!" blog post was warning enough of another cartridge classic. >_>;
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
I don't know about you, but I thought Lummox's "Get your cheat on!" blog post was warning enough of another cartridge classic. >_>;

I had literally returned to BYOND the second I made my post. I wasn't reading other blogs at all.
@Tiberath: Don't feel bad. I commented on that post and was thinking more along the lines of organizing BYOND resources. ;)