ID:101814

BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Internet Explorer 8.0
Applies to:Website

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Upon Players earning a given Medal (Jounin) they are allowed to remake their characters with more options given to them (More Clans, Hair Styles, etc) However, gameside, the Get.Medal proc is sometimes returning as if the player doesnt have the medal, when website/account wise, they do have it...Oddly, it is randomly letting people with the medal though, while randomly blocking out some people...

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
mob/proc
Jounin_Check()
var/hasmedal = world.GetMedal("Jounin", src)
if(hasmedal)
return 1
else if(!isnull(hasmedal))
src<<"Sorry, until you have earned the Jounin Medal on this game, a few clans are locked to you."
sleep(20)
src<<"Please pick a different clan, and play the game, after you have been given the Jounin Medal you can select these clans."
return
else
src<<"Sorry, there seems to be an error."
return

Expected Results:
Players with the Medal being given access

Actual Results:
Randomly lets players with the medal access, while some dont gain access

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Unsure.

In other games?
Not that I know off.
In other user accounts?
Yes
On other computers?
Unsure.

When does the problem NOT occur?
Unsure

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
Unsure
We need more information. Is this completely random or is there any kind of a pattern? Does it fail just for users who earned the medal in that same session? Is the failure that the hub is returning null, or is it simply that the query is saying they don't have the medal?
Lummox JR wrote:
We need more information. Is this completely random or is there any kind of a pattern? Does it fail just for users who earned the medal in that same session? Is the failure that the hub is returning null, or is it simply that the query is saying they don't have the medal?

Yeah sorry, after posting it I kinda relized it was...iffy-ish.

As from what I have seen, it is completely random...Oddly, my keys (I am the DD Host) work completely fine, but I know of many others that are having this...

No, if they got it in a session before, and they tried, it would follow with the random letting or stopping.

The message being shot back is that of "Sorry until you have earned the Jounin..." so I dont believe its returning null.
Okay, so it's not hub contact that's failing. We'll still need to narrow this down somehow though, so until we have more info this will have to go on the unverified pile.