ID:1020488

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When a game on BYOND has been uploaded with a corrupted .rsc file (I don't really know what reqs have to be met, it just happens sometimes), the people who login to that game will get this message: "Incorrect password!" while trying to connect. After that they won't be able to play any game in BYOND. If they actually closed BYOND and tried to login back with their "bugged key" they'd receive "Corrupted key file!" I don't know what DreamSeeker has to do with a key on BYOND Pager (it'll only be bugged in your computer).
In order to fix this you'll have to reinstall BYOND (clearing the cache won't change anything).

Expected Results:
To play a game without getting your BYOND Key bugged in your computer.

Actual Results:
Your BYOND Key gets bugged and can't be used anymore in your computer until you've reinstalled BYOND.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Whenever you try to play a game with a bugged .rsc file.
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? You can login with other keys, but if you try to connect to that game again they'll get bugged.
On other computers? Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?
When you don't connect to any game with .rsc file bugged.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
I don't know, it's only happened to me in this version.
I don't think this has anything to do with the rsc of the game in question, are you sure it's happening to more than just you?

As for a fix, you don't need to reinstall BYOND, you just need to find and delete key.txt.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
I don't think this has anything to do with the rsc of the game in question, are you sure it's happening to more than just you?

As for a fix, you don't need to reinstall BYOND, you just need to find and delete key.txt.

I was updating my game through a command in the server, .rsc file didn't get properly updated and after rebooting I couldn't get in. I believe it was the .rsc file the one bugging me because it didn't match with .dmb, but now again I'm not sure :S
If it's happening to just you something else is at fault, it's probably a coincidence that it happened to happen when you failed to properly join a game.
Best response
I've moved this because there's simply no way this can be related to joining a game, but also there's no way to reliably reproduce the issue to investigate it. A game's .rsc file being broken will have no impact whatsoever on the validity of your key.txt file.

If this happens again in the future, reinstalling BYOND is not required. You can open your user data directory (go to File | Preferences | Advanced in the pager) and delete key.txt. Alternatively, just delete your key from the list in the login page and try again.