ID:102093

Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Well i would like to request something like id: except I'm asking for ref:(or something close). Well some people didn't like typing <a href='byond.com/developer/forum/id=blah blah blah'> so id: was made. Well some people don't like linking to the reference. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be any harder than the id thing but if it is oh well, this feature is just something that would be nice to have around.
You must remember, there are numerous sub-paths as you dig deeper into the DM Reference. The Login() URL has the sub-path of mob, proc, and Login. If I wanted to direct someone to it by using the ref tag, would I have to do ref:mob/proc/Login?
RJTaylor wrote:
You must remember, there are numerous sub-paths as you dig deeper into the DM Reference. The Login() URL has the sub-path of mob, proc, and Login. If I wanted to direct someone to it by using the ref tag, would I have to do ref:mob/proc/Login?

yes...that would be awesome
+
We have something like this for the website but it doesn't apply to forums.

Example:
reference:mob
test:
reference:mob/proc/login

Why wasn't it put in the forums if it was already there.
The forums are actually a different piece of software that Tom maintains separately.
Lummox JR wrote:
The forums are actually a different piece of software that Tom maintains separately.

Ah, I see, any hope of seeing this in the forums?
Yeah, that should be easy to do.
Great.
*shameless necro*

I was about to post a feature request for a DM Reference quicklink. (I had already added one to Stephen's Chatters source on GitHub a couple days ago.) After a quick search, this thread came up and showed me that the relatively new, awesome-reference still exists.

So, two feature requests: a working DM Reference quicklink, and access to that awesome website reference again.
I miss that reference. It used to be nice and searchable, like the F1 reference. It had a much more professional design, a lot like a wiki. I think it just broke for some reason, when the website was updated.

Also, the quicklinks do work:
reference:dm

So really there is just one feature request: Fix the reference!