I have quite a few external links before I talk about us so let's get to it.
- Have you signed the petition I've been promoting yet? At least two amicus briefs have been making the rounds in the case of Scharwznegger v. EMA. More can be found here. Meanwhile, GameHounds' legal expert Nicholas Sylvain is offering explanations in his Rules of the Game column.
- IGF Chairman Brandon Boyer has posted a FAQ for 2011's Independent Games Festival. Entrants have roughly a month to submit their games.
- Developer Derek Yu provided tips for finishing games on his Make Games blog.
- Over on his Gamasutra blog, Mark Tanjutco interviewed Nate Polling about his Starcraft-themed college class. Meanwhile, Starcraft commentator Husky celebrated his 200K+ subscribers as he announced that he's moving to LA for a paid position with YouTube's The Game Station.
- Danny Cowan examined Sid Meier's Civilization V in this week's Critical Reception on Gamasutra.
- Emily Short made Lars Doucet's Cellcraft the subject of her latest Homer In Silicon column for GameSetWatch. It's a Flash-based RTS about cellular biology.
- Citing disagreements about speed and quality, print-on-demand board game supplier The Game Crafter has announced the end of their relationship with Superior POD. There will be a slight delay as they make up for late orders, but their plans to increase their range of products remain intact.
- Check out The Ben Heck Show. It's home improvement through the modding of game consoles. The first episode involves redesigning an Xbox 360 controller for someone who lost the use of a hand. In addition, there's a larger project where a console is being turned into a laptop computer. Here's an interview with Ben Heck from Ars Technica's Andrew Webster.
Sign the petition from the Electronic Consumers Association that will be submitted along with their amicus brief in the case of Schwarzenegger v. EMA. Protect your gamer rights!