ID:102349

I've been trying to brainstorm a new project, but can't really decide on anything. I want to do something on a small scale... nothing like "the next best rpg". It's obvious to me that PvP games are getting old. So massive questing and AI combat is necessary. I just don't want to be overwhelmed. Pixel Art is nothing, that can be done in no time. It's the programming that irks me. So I suppose I'll brainstorm a bit more, and hopefully I'll post when I have an idea. I don't have a while lot of free time. I work 5 to 6 days a week (varies on schedule), and I have my kids 3 days out of the week. So... at most I have about 4 or 5 hours in a day to do stuff. That, and of course.. I work 3rd shift so I sleep from the time I get home in the morning till 3pm (if the kids aren't here). It sucks, but thats life.

P.S: I'm also still open for pixel work, if anyone needs some stuff. The pries are to the left, and I've only had a couple customers this month. I could really use the money too. So... just saying! Lol.
Is it safe to assume that DBOA is discontinued? =/
MDC wrote:
Is it safe to assume that DBOA is discontinued? =/

Not at all. It's on hold. We didn't do all that work for nothing, it's just DBZ gets old a bit fast. I made a tall base with 30 or so animations... that will NOT go to waste. We're just taking a break thats all.
Go for a platform rpg lol. Don't see enough of those :P
Ah ok, good to hear. I didn't want to add it in my guild without finding out first =]
Teka123 wrote:
Go for a platform rpg lol. Don't see enough of those :P

You know.. thats funny because VcentG said the same thing. I really hate Maple Story, so if I did this... I'd avoid that route and graphic style.
Ahh cool :)
would make pixel art easier you can just have nice background images drawn and only floor turf, grass, few trees, buildings and then onto mob icons lol

And well instead of maple story think more along the lines of sonic Lol, Jumping on people heads could hurt, would be fun? lol possible damage to the environment, could only need 1 class and they have the ability to learn every skill which use points they gain per level, so you could be a mix class with a wide range of skills or a Pure what ever type character you want to be being pure would gain certain benefits but having spread out ability's would give more ability's and wider capability etc.

ahh i don't really know.
Teka123 wrote:
Ahh cool :)
would make pixel art easier you can just have nice background images drawn and only floor turf, grass, few trees, buildings and then onto mob icons lol

And well instead of maple story think more along the lines of sonic Lol, Jumping on people heads could hurt, would be fun? lol possible damage to the environment, could only need 1 class and they have the ability to learn every skill which use points they gain per level, so you could be a mix class with a wide range of skills or a Pure what ever type character you want to be being pure would gain certain benefits but having spread out ability's would give more ability's and wider capability etc.

ahh i don't really know.

Hmm.. I'm actually liking that idea. Sort of re-inventing Sonic/Mario sort of, but with a level system.. skills, classes, etc. It would be really cool to see a HUGE boss fight with a party of players. I'd have boss battles, and quests be instanced. That way you don't have 50+ or how ever many players all on the same boss map. You wouldn't be able to do anything with that amount. Thanks for the idea boost!
Little Big Planet, on BYOND?
Cool yeah your continued ideas would add to this and make for a fun game,
:D No problem, now i'd be so happy if in your few hours spare something along these lines eventually gets put together.
May i be a tester for this... or whatever type of game you do eventually decide to make :)?
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Little Big Planet, on BYOND?

Something original, not a fan game. I've never played LBP, but I've seen videos. That game looks more like a platform sandbox. You make levels, and complete them... do wacky stuff.
Ahh the Double R Trolls Clash again :D
Teka123 wrote:
Ahh the Double R Trolls Clash again :D

They see us trollin', they hatin.