ID:102354

Ok, Well i wanted to buy some memberships, So i have been doing so :P
but i'v been going threw randomly and i'v bought a couple but! now ill only be able to buy a couple more for now, so.. Who should i buy a membership for, who actually deserves one?

Does anyone have any suggestions for who may be able to put one to good use for yourself/or other people.:)?

I'm still being careful with my money seeing as i hit a bad period, but i'm coming out of that alright now but i think ill only be able to purchase 3 so... first come first served :P(just kidding)

I'll have to do extensive research about you, like looking at your page (if you have one) and searching any detail i can about you for at least a good couple of minutes.

you'll have to be patient and ill close the topic once i have decided the 3, of course not everyone will be happy of who i have decided, but ill try to be fair and hopefully it'l be put to good use.
Good Luck on your search :o
I just want to say me , my membership expire in 23 days , 6 hours .. i am not able to pay for have an other one becose of Paypal and some reason i cant tell you ... well , you have no reason to chose me ... but you have too no reason for dont select me ... thats your choice
Yep. Good luck. If I had any suggestions I'd list them but ehh. Can't think of anyone atm.

Edit: I'd also like to thank you for my previous membership you gave me. Its about over but its been cool to have it.
If you want to help BYOND, you should consider doing something more productive than buying random memberships for people that most likely won't do anything worthwhile.

Start an art resource project or something, similar to what RPG Maker has. I'll help fund it too if you consider it.

Or, start a project - a small action game like Decadence (good art/gameplay). Would be neat.

It's nice what you're doing and all, but put bluntly, it's a waste of money. :)
If you want to go the do something productive route, as KP suggested. I would love to see another game making contest initiated after the 8k and GiaD events are over.
I'm not trying to be productive :O, i'm just trying to pay tom's rent and give a couple of (hopefully game developers) a way of advertising/more functions and to see a smile and hear a thank you, Lol

I'm not a Programmer and my Pixel art is .. not very good, as for competitions i could not hold any, i do not think my personality is mature enough to be able to deal or organize one successfully.
Teka123 wrote:
I'm not trying to be productive :O, i'm just trying to pay tom's rent and give a couple of (hopefully game developers) a way of advertising/more functions and to see a smile and hear a thank you, Lol

I'm not a Programmer and my Pixel art is .. not very good, as for competitions i could not hold any, i do not think my personality is mature enough to be able to deal or organize one successfully.

You are good man , before you help me on my CSS , i already know you of reputation of "The BYOND's Heaven" ... just trust you more ...
Your programming skills and such is probably better than mine Teka. I try to learn lol.. Nothing sticks in my mind.

Well, both of the suggestions I listed would help pay his rent more efficiently than random, direct donations. The reason his rent is suffering is because BYOND isn't doing all too good - why not do something to change that?

Hire a programmer and a pixel artist then? People like money. Money is a good incentive to work. If your game idea is something they can dig their teeth into as well, then great. You have the full nelson every programmer is looking for. It wouldn't be difficult to manage them either, you just need to be able to communicate. :P

Nah im good, but thx for helping out the byond community

shout out to you >:D

-byonds gangsta
@KhaosParadox

Thank you for your good advice, but that would come down to the organisation side of things, and well i have had game ideas and they didn't go to far, and i have lost my motivation in that field for a little while now.:(

I'm not some rich guy like people think i work 6 days a week 9 hours a day i have my own place to pay for i have a bit left at the end, i remember back to when i was younger and couldn't find a way to pay for a byond membership and i wanted one which is why i choose to buy it for certain people.

but i don't think i want to hire people to work for me, money does not buy trust, i would want people who like me for who i am, though there are very few people who see me as anything else but a way of getting something for free, which is a little :(, but oh well if they are happy.. then its ok :)

+ thank you to any/all compliments lol.

Sorry Khaos, ill forever remain foolish :)

I don't see how it's a waste of money donating to someone who doesn't have a membership if it helps BYOND. Of course they won't do anything worthwhile, but that didn't stop the other people from donating before Teka did it?
Why not buy the winner(s) of the GiaD contest memberships?
Duelmaster409 wrote:
Why not buy the winner(s) of the GiaD contest memberships?

is this not already arranged? i thought that'd probably be the prize, i was not sure but if not then yes i could do that.
:) Me, my membership expires in a week and a half :D And I've subscribed myself the last 2-3 years as well as bought 2 other memberships for people. Look at the donor page, I should be semi-up there
Host a little tourny on a game such as feval? Or just don't buy anyone a membership?
Kingstone99, He is a poor member of the community. I have never done anything worth doing. And buying me a membership will allow me to be active in the community. Or You can hand me the 18 Dollar equivalent so I may add it the money being invested for pixel art for Jittai.

Joking Timmy give it to http://www.byond.com/members/Jittai

Hes worthy of it. He';s made a few unique games and is in dire need of pixel art (MOney or membership for SG;TOP)
I'd like a membership Teka. I've been needing one for awhile to help promote games I've been working on.
Like Yamagakure, and also a few that have failed due to the lack of funding and team-members I have :/ I'd really appreciate it, mate (:
Page: 1 2 3 4