To follow-up here, we don't need to change our hardware drawing algorithm to do this, as we can pass a transform through to the client and have it apply to the existing sprites. This method would be suitable for the Flash client as well.

One issue that I mentioned before is that our current software render does not have convenient support for transforms so we'd have to look into GDI+ or else homebrew a solution.

This is, however, not an immediate priority as we are trying to get existing bugs resolved and finish off the Flash client first.
BYOND doesn't run on Linux or Mac and the Flash client doesn't support most interface controls. In terms of compatibility, having games that use these graphical effects require hardware mode isn't much of a concern.
Yeah, we can do that as a first approach at least (basically ignoring the user's hardware-mode settings and forcing this if these functions are used). I think this will work fine in the Flash, though, as I'm already doing some matrix transforms there to handle the normal scaling.
Bump.
Making sure this stays up there.
LordAndrew resolved issue (Redundant)
With the addition of matrices in version 500, being able to do this has been vastly simplified.
Page: 1 2 3