Happy birthday to my cousin Eric who celebrated this week and is probably yet another family member who doesn't read this column. ;)
- Over on GameHounds, Nicholas "Heartbreak Ridge" Sylvain examined the brief for the petitioner in the case of Schwarzenegger v. EMA. Wishes of good health go out to GameHounds founder Edie "GamerEdie" Sellers who recently discovered that she may have cervical cancer.
- Paul Eres has finally posted the 3rd Weekly Report on TIGSource. I've seen most of the games many times over by now, but I guess there's only so much one can expect from a rogue cyborg.
- As hinted at in that report, Mr. Podunkian and Sophie Holden have released their game entries to Indie Kombat. Votes are being accepted now. The next battle is between Andrew Brophy and Barnov.
- On his Gamasutra blog, Josh Bycer analyzed Stardock's 4X strategy game Elemental: War of Magic.
- The Game Crafter team has launched their own online strategy game called The Lacuna Expanse. In Evony-inspired parody, the breasts of TGC co-founder JT's wife were used in the advertising... I'm guessing developers won't get those to promote the board games.
- Speaking of The Game Crafter, TaDa Ministries has been providing multiple video reviews of the games they print. Meanwhile, Matt Worden's Jump Gate was recently reviewed by The Dice Tower.
- The episodes are going to take twice as long to release, but the game review show Bytejacker is back from hiatus. The premiere focused on Minecraft (what else?) and featured an interview with the game's developer, Markus "Notch" Persson.
As for us BYOND folk...
Sign the petition from the Electronic Consumers Association submitted along with their amicus brief in the case of Schwarzenegger v. EMA. Protect your gamer rights!