games still use gameguard?
Yes. Also some games dont work no matter what you do so it still has flaws to fix about that.
I've seen no reason to upgrade myself. It seems like they just took 7 and made it look like an iPad.
In response to Warlord Fred
Not really you can still access the desktop..
Warlord Fred wrote:
I've seen no reason to upgrade myself. It seems like they just took 7 and made it look like an iPad.

It's nothing like the iPad's UI.
Warlord Fred wrote:

That's pretty much the point. They're trying to make that design the "new" look for Windows in general, not just for tablets and mobile devices.

But anyway, I'm fine with Windows 7. I didn't upgrade from XP until last year and I'm doing the same with 7 - gonna ride this out for as long as I can until I absolutely must upgrade.
In response to EmpirezTeam
I thought the same but I managed to buy Windows 8 upgrade for $15 + the media center software, thought I would at least try out what I have purchased and it turned out that I like it.

[Edit] Not to mention the start up speed is 10x much quicker than my Windows 7 start up with less crap loading :) so I was happy about that.
I went for the $15 upgrade to Windows 8, and I'm more or less satisfied for the price I paid. I noticed the increase in boot speed over 7, probably about 1 or 2 seconds faster with my SSD.

That said, I'm not at all a fan of the Metro UI. I can see its use for tablets, but I'm not convinced it offers any advantage for desktop power users. I like being able to just start typing in order to search for programs, but I can mostly already do that with the classic start menu - I just have to hit the Windows key first. Having apps take up the entire screen is also deal breaker. I have a large screen and great eyesight, so that really isn't necessary.

There are a few other things I could nitpick on, but really I just prefer the style, usability, and customization options of the desktop more than Metro. As Bravo1 mentioned, if you don't want to adjust to using Metro, you should check out "Classic Shell" (Google it). In Windows 8 it gives you a "classic" start menu in the desktop, and makes you boot straight to desktop so you don't have to interact with Metro at all.
I'd suggest Start8 over classic shell if you're willing to pay for it. It's way nicer looking, better emulates 7's start menu, and is highly customization with tons of options including to boot straight to the desktop.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
I'd suggest Start8

Agreed, I nearly bought it when it came out but I don't mind having a missing start button :)

I do have Fences 2 excellent program.
I'm using Classic Shell for the start button/menu and I couldn't be happier.

As for gaming, it seems to have some issues with display as even byond games have a noticeable visual lag and performance drop. So, we'll wait in the meantime for some updates.
Page: 1 2