ID:103129

Release Information

Unfortunately the deadline passed by, I had intended to have the game up on the 7th of October, DMO's first release date.

However our server guys decided that was a good day to go down for maintenance and keep it down for a few days...

So we're looking into signing up with ATP host, which we had originally intended but decided to hold off until we actually had something to host.

It may take a few days to a week to get everything signed up and working.

What's done?

Dueling is basically working, players will have access to a pre-made Yugi deck at first. There are more cards available but I'd like to test in stages.

Players can duel alone(where they play as both players and unlocks a bunch of commands to manipulate the duel) which allows for very fast testing.
Player vs Player is also working.

The interface is basically complete, although not polished or very pretty. It's all just multi-coloured and "there", just serving as placeholder graphics for now. I'd like feedback and player suggestions/submissions before finalising certain things.

A very basic lobby system is in place, nothing fancy but it works.

Not really much else, many things behind the scenes are ready to start.

Random Stuff

Two of the biggest mistakes I made with the original DMO was communicating with players and not communicating with players. This time around I'll reveal some future additions or plans and gather feedback before just going ahead.

Another major mistake I had made was releasing too many new features at once, delaying updates until I had a significant new feature list.

This was one of the driving reasons for not polishing too much before release. Each update will slowly improve the game, players can see it develop and have their say. Rather than getting a finished product and taking it for granted.

I'm using this extra time to do a little testing by myself and try to correct anything too confusing.

Sorry for the delays.
Woo :)
Amazing!
Also, good progress! I can't wait to play it. :)
Players being able to control both sides of a duel is quite useful, obviously for beta testing but could also be helpful when testing deck combos or ideas.

Player vs Player is working, as I mentioned above.

Please keep the personal fighting elsewhere.
It's coming along. Quite a lot of boring groundwork is done that will support later features. It's not very exciting to talk about save systems or how I've optimized some math and chain systems.

I wouldn't go so far as to calling solo duels a "feature". It's just something I had to do for my own personal use. It's very unproductive to have to host a server, log in with two keys, test something, tweak, reboot, repeat etc
Essentially it's intended for testers and may be removed later.

I don't see where I stated I was going to be lazy. My point was that instead of waiting 6 months and releasing 5 things at once, I'll release each thing when it's ready.

Ideally once we're up and running, I'd like to update weekly.

Any other concerns?
Lol, someone got into a fight? I hate when I miss out on drama.
Can't wait to play =D
But i have a question that if already answered sorry.
Will there be new cards or packs?
I'd love to see Berserk Gorilla And make a beast deck =P
There will eventually be cards that didn't exist in the old DMO. Although I'll only release a few cards at a time, instead of entire sets. That way bugs are found quickly.
Keep up the great work :)
sounds epic dude cant wait especially for the duelist kingdom :D but take your time no rush
Omg, Can't wait. :D
I'm really excited about this game. I wonder if you can sneak the forums while everything is still on hold.
Will the god cards and legendary dragons and their effects be as they were in the old DMO?
That would be great :)
Will the game be automatic?
Screen shots or it never happened
Am i the only one who Yea'd it? =/
Kozuma3 wrote:

no :P
Alpha369 wrote:
Kozuma3 wrote:

no :P

:)
So what day is the game actually going to be able to play? And is it auto still? Thank you very much for making this game , by the way this game is so much better then the actual one online. One more thing will you be letting people download this and host as well?
Page: 1 2 3