ID:103512

I got a job. My official title is Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET). Things will start to settle down shortly although I don't know which direction my ramp up will go. I have no idea what I really need to study at this point but surely, a ton on testing software. I've got experience with testing software but now, I need to teach and preach it to others. Meaning, I need to go learn the lingo and make attempts at applying applicable methodology.

I'm pretty stoked actually! I don't think I could have landed a better job with as much potential and open endedness.

Anyway, my ability to focus on BYOND projects over the last week has really diminished while I was looking for and getting the job. At this point, I have mild concerns for my energy levels. I don't know if I can burn it at both ends right now. Honestly, I really want to be a mover/shaker in my work place and to do that, I will need to put in extra time and effort. It all depends though. I may already be an all-star compared to some of the burned out folks who currently work in my area. If that's the case, coming in and doing a good job will be more than sufficient. It's sort of a lame way to look at it but, that approach will let me continue with BYOND projects.

Speaking of which, I've made some good progress on the Project Manager but holy crap. What an undertaking this thing is and to re-write the damn undertaking is madness and yet, I'm doing it.

On some other side notes...
I'm watching a movie called "Waltz with Bashir"... pretty cool animation and the dialog and direction is decent.

I finished reading '1984' by George Orwell and it was (is) a pretty amazing book.

I just started reading 'The Catcher in the Rye' by J.D. Salinger and so far, it's alright. By alright, I mean, the writing just flows like water right from the start but the story hasn't gone anywhere just yet. I'm expecting some big blow up.. but I honestly have no idea why the book is so famous. Don't tell me. We can discuss in a few days if your interested.

uh... that's all for now. Dinner time.
ts

Congratulations on the job!

Read Catch-22.
Tom wrote:
Congratulations on the job!

Read Catch-22.

I'll make it my next book. I suspect I'll be able to burn through a number of books while taking the bus now. :)
Congrats!
DarkCampainger wrote:
Congrats!

ty!
Agreed. Gratz on the job =)

I rather like The River Why. I'm more of a science fiction/fantasy guy, but I was forced to read it in college. It cracked me up and became my favorite book.

Apparently, there's an indie movie version now, but I haven't seen it.
I wrote a essay on that george orwell punk.
Good suggestion, ACWraith! For sci-fi, I'd recommend Gateway.
ACWraith wrote:
Agreed. Gratz on the job =)

I rather like The River Why. I'm more of a science fiction/fantasy guy, but I was forced to read it in college. It cracked me up and became my favorite book.

Apparently, there's an indie movie version now, but I haven't seen it.

ty. Since I have no real direction besides reading through a top 100 list I found, I'll make that my second book. Thanks for the suggestion.
Dang lucky dog XD.. Super congrats! Hope life works out. I'm jellous that's for sure :)...
Good Luck man and hope the job is good to ya.
Never consider any job easy :P!
I'm a high school student, and I have to say, 1984 was the best single book story I've ever read.