Wow lots of comments. Sorry if I miss your question/concern.

Eventually there will be a map that you walk around on and little duel fields like the old DMO. You'll be able to switch views between the map and the full duel view. Obviously dueling is the most important part, the map stuff will come later as icing. You'll be able to switch between these views during a duel.

Mid-duel quitting will have some kind of penalty, I'll wait until there's more gameplay before implementing that. I'll take player suggestions/ideas on what's best.

Hopefully we'll start testing next week, I can't say for sure how stable it will be.
Eventually there will be a map that you walk around on and little duel fields like the old DMO. You'll be able to switch views between the map and the full duel view. Obviously dueling is the most important part, the map stuff will come later as icing. You'll be able to switch between these views during a duel.

This.. this is ya know the Main thing i loved about DMO lol and the Automatic-ness to it.. if i wanted to play YVD id play YVD..lol ya know im hoping DMO is close to what it use 2 be Kajika and i have faith in you that it will be :)
Kajika, just take your time. Ignore all of the impatient people and continue your work.
Nice work kajika my main expectations of the game is to be able to enjoy the duel arena like the previous game complete with platform and card holograms THAT is what made your game the best on byond. If you need help with pixel art for the map i am the man you want. and will be happy to donate some money to keep the game up and running. good luck, Jake.
its nice to know the clock is ticking down
Kajika wrote:
Mid-duel quitting will have some kind of penalty, I'll wait until there's more gameplay before implementing that. I'll take player suggestions/ideas on what's best.

Oh nice so later on it will be like the old dmo + new extras. Your are awsome you know that :) .
I have a sugestion about the penalty, 15 minutes unable to duel or something like that,if abused mid duel quiting more often the penalty woud rise to 30 mins. If you put in char statistics like in the old Dmo the leaves coud be added in there.
sometimes people freeze in game so they ahve to quit during a duel or time out or what not plus if someone quits cause they gonna lose i mean who cares they were goin to lose anyways counts as a win either way
Jakey-Aus wrote:
Nice work kajika my main expectations of the game is to be able to enjoy the duel arena like the previous game complete with platform and card holograms THAT is what made your game the best on byond. If you need help with pixel art for the map i am the man you want. and will be happy to donate some money to keep the game up and running. good luck, Jake.

In my opinion, its the auto card activities that puts the game above the other games. It takes all possibilities of people cheating mid duel (Like Genesis and Expert). The Duel arenas and images added a beautiful touch to the game though.
Players will be able to re-log if disconnected, since I've built everything from scratch again I've kept in mind problems that DMO encountered as it was growing. I'm expecting re-connecting to be a painless process.

Although I'm still not sure on the idea, DMO may involve card collection this time around. In this case leaving before a duel ends will result in you not gaining anything that you were entitled to(bonus cards, duelist points, medals etc).

Probably one of the best features so far is the way selecting cards during dueling works, it's much nicer than the old window popups. It's still not finished but it does look and feel better already.
HMM i see i was in the wrong account
NICE WORK KAJIKA :)
now that you have to duel to win bonus cards medals etc it sounds and will probly make the game alot more enjoyable
hey kajika when i first joined byond on my old account in 2005 dmo was the reason, it was with out a doubt the best game on byond.

im a pixel artist, working on the game shinobi arts online. but whenever i get any freetime i would be happy to help u out with dmo's pixel art.
Quick update..

Completely failed to get lufika.com server working, had some issues with the MySQL.

We'll be ready to use ATP hosting within a few days hopefully.
Kajika wrote:
Quick update..

Completely failed to get lufika.com server working, had some issues with the MySQL.

We'll be ready to use ATP hosting within a few days hopefully.

aww too bad, well good luck
i know you can do it!
YAY! GO KAJIKA! :D
it looks like the game will be really fun and dueling too :D will sacred beast cards be added and mabye earthbound imortals ????
DMO will be online this week>?
BoTisHerE wrote:
DMO will be online this week>?

Hopefully
Looks like we may be ready this weekend if all continues to go as well as it has been today.
interesting
Page: 1 2 3