ID:1036133

Keywords: another_year
A few hours ago, I extended my membership for 365 more days. Prior to my extension, my membership had 24 days remaining. Another year's membership wasted.

This year will be different. I have a nice project currently in the works with a friend of mine, Boxcar.

The idea is nice and currently development of the game is going a bit slow. I spend a lot of time with my job as well as with my wife and kids. I can really only dedicate a few hours per day on Friday, Saturday and sometimes Sunday towards our effort and feel pretty bad about the fact that Boxcar has to do most of the work himself, including my job, programming. However, he's learned a lot (mostly by himself using the forums and demos/libs) and is quite capable of filling in for me.

Since he and I can't really get together due to our clashing work schedules through the week, I've began a small project of my own in which I spend a whopping 3 hours per week programming and poorly pixeling the game. I'll probably turn the game over to him once our combined effort is complete or at least playable for a pixel overhaul if he's willing.

There's at least 2 projects released within the next couple of months. Hopefully one of us won't go on an extended hiatus (like we usually do lol) within the next couple of weeks and lose focus. Wish us luck.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave comments of your successes and (I call failed projects learning projects) learning projects throughout the current period of your membership.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you without the kids but with BYONDPanel (equivalent to kids :P sometimes ) sadly I get less time than you for Developer Hangout..

I wish you luck in all projects.
Thanks guys.
Awesome! Good luck to you! (:
Good luck, good to have you back.
Good luck. Ive tried to make multiple games in my 365 day membership and haven't came out to well :( and now I have 4 days? Maybe 3.

EDIT: 2 days 10 hours.
I'm pumped for the new projects too man! Here's to a successful release.