ID:103770

Poll: What do you think of Internet Explorer 9?

It is awesome! 4% (4)
It was cool. 4% (4)
No opinion. 20% (17)
I wasn't fond of it. 7% (6)
I hated it. 10% (9)
I didn't bother downloading it. Too attached to my FF/GC Browser. 52% (45)

Login to vote.

Well, I just discovered Internet Explorer 9 Beta. Not sure how long it has been out, but I just discovered it. It looks nice, so I am going to take time out of my day to try it out. I will update this when it finishes installing. For those of you who already have it, please take part in the poll.
Get ready to reboot your computer! Installing IE9 requires a reboot of Windows- awesome, right?
Meh, I need a reboot anyways. Better now than ever. Thanks for the heads up, though!
Microsoft needs to do one of two things;

1) Drop IE altogether and package Microsoft OS with a different browser.
2) Start IE from scratch.

IE updates are just the same piece of shit with newer shit on top.
I am quite upset. My laptop is incompatible with Windows 7. So I am stuck with Shitsta Home Basic. Sad face. Hope I get a new laptop soon.

Anyway, back on topic.
@Kumorii: You are right. But I am bored, so I will try it out.
Kumorii wrote:
Microsoft needs to do one of two things;

1) Drop IE altogether and package Microsoft OS with a different browser.
2) Start IE from scratch.

IE updates are just the same piece of shit with newer shit on top.

This has a better InterfaceDidn't use it but some the screenshots but the interface is still a bit dumb the address bar and the tabs in one row thats the only thing wrong with the UI.
It's not worth it.
Doobly-Doo Productions wrote:
It's not worth it.

Is IE ever worth it?
Jeff8500 wrote:
It's not worth it.

Is IE ever worth it?

When some things don't load in Chrome, or Firefox. You know... those assholes that don't wanna add support.
I hate that the home button is all the way over there -->
I also hate how it plain doesn't work with a bunch of very popular sites. I'm aware that it's only a beta, but it won't even let me send an email using Google mail.
Other than that, 'sall right.
I'm insulted that you didn't mention Opera :(
Sorry, I forgot it. I will add it.

EDIT: Aagh, nevermind. I cannot add any options to the Poll now. Sorry, DT.
Jeff8500 wrote:
It's not worth it.

Is IE ever worth it?

When some things don't load in Chrome, or Firefox. You know... those assholes that don't wanna add support.

I've never come across a website like that; usually websites will follow the standards, which IE doesn't follow.
Well, I got it installed. So far, there seems to be no outstanding issues with it. It does not have IE's trademark lag, either. I will continue using it for a while longer to see if there is anything wrong with it that I have missed.