ID:104054

Keywords: dmo, yugioh
Still having problems getting MySQL working on the server, so I've just disabled the necessary code.

As far as game releases go it was very anti-climatic. It just popped up very late and around 80 players logged in played over a 4 hour period.

The reaction was as expected, panic and awe. Half were impressed with how dueling works, the other half was freaking out over a few bugs and lack of a map to walk around on.

Unfortunately due to the players freaking out, I decided to close the game until I could update.

Things are progressing well, players have found bugs and minor issues that I wouldn't have found by myself. Fortunately the core is solid.

Once I get the dueling working well and bug free, I'm going to look into finding artists to build the character template, interface and maps. As DMO is a free game and won't make money, I won't be investing too much money into the art but I do want it to look nice.

I've opened forums for this member page:
http://www.byond.com/members/Kajika/forum
This is just wonderful. It's pretty fast paced, the animations are pure ownage, the layout is alright, Who gives a shit, and it bugs up sometimes.

At this time we're in early alpha testing. This means the game not yet complete or finalised.

My top priority is to get the main mechanic(dueling) working well and iron the bugs out. It may not seem like it, but it's a complicated card game.

I wanted to get player feedback and ideas as to how the final interface will look. Right now it's just temporary.
Again its in testing its not meant to be fast paced or have brilliant graphics its gonna have bugs and what not people demand the game to be back once its back they demand better and better just give it time
Kajika wrote:
At this time we're in early alpha testing. This means the game not yet complete or finalised.

My top priority is to get the main mechanic(dueling) working well and iron the bugs out. It may not seem like it, but it's a complicated card game.

I wanted to get player feedback and ideas as to how the final interface will look. Right now it's just temporary.

i know its very very complicated card game. coz i m also making a "duel

monster game" and its very tough work to run the cards in all

conditions...and i only done just drawing a crad, summoning a card and

setting a card in all conditions...and i m working 12hr/day for 1 week...

and yes my game is a 3d game ...i cant say it will be complete or not ..

bt plz make the dmo game like old one dat was awesome...plz....!!
Game seems promising.. you're one hell of a coder Kajika.. i remember the old DMO.. it was very fun for me, even after it started losing players.. still fun.. Hoping this new one will be very successful for you as well..

have just one question.. maybe newbish.. are there going to be syncro monsters?
Why do people always have to complain about something that they don't put time/effort into? It's not like their putting forth any sort of constructive criticism, they're just flaring something minute into something ridiculous.
Be thankful he's even making the game. You guys don't do anything but sit on your butts for hours at a time, at least give the guy a break...and it figures I'm missing out because of it.
There's a "Bug-Report" link for that stuff anyhow.
Going to leave the server down until I get time and motivation to address the complaints and reports.

Seems hosting early tests and expecting feedback to help shape the game wasn't the brightest idea. I have a better idea of the thoughts of the community now, I'll change my plans to accommodate.

ETA? I don't expect it back up this year.
Dude this is Bull Shit, i love this game why dont you just put the old one back up so then everyone will be happy. and all you have to do is work on the old one a little bit to make it better like add new maps and new dueling stadiums. Well thank you making a really great game, i was hoping to play it but i guess not. So Kajika please put the old one back up or at least let people host the old one.

Sincerer your friend,
Zc320139
Zc320139 wrote:
Dude this is Bull Shit, i love this game why dont you just put the old one back up so then everyone will be happy. and all you have to do is work on the old one a little bit to make it better like add new maps and new dueling stadiums. Well thank you making a really great game, i was hoping to play it but i guess not. So Kajika please put the old one back up or at least let people host the old one.

Sincerer your friend,
Zc320139

yea old dmo was better then this kajika..
hes not going to change the game biotishere and Zc320139 for your sake alone he wil change to what way he sees fit if you want the game the way you want it make one yourself
if i had codeing i would do it my self
It's just a bunch of whiners there should be no reason for u to change your plans to accomidate them , i personally felt the plan u laid out was perfect stay in alpha stage for 3-4 months move into beta , and progress at your own pace and put what u felt was necessary into the game when u could/want.

I think u should stick to your original plan and just ignore these compaliners that cry about old DMO.
ZeeroCOOL wrote:
It's just a bunch of whiners there should be no reason for u to change your plans to accomidate them , i personally felt the plan u laid out was perfect stay in alpha stage for 3-4 months move into beta , and progress at your own pace and put what u felt was necessary into the game when u could/want.

I think u should stick to your original plan and just ignore these compaliners that cry about old DMO.

Ignoring the fans, calling us criers? The game will die like Naruto GOA.
Die? It hasn't been properly active for over a year. Either way it had a good run.

Once I get my computer running properly again(HDD failing). I'll do what I can to get it to a respectable level, it's no use hosting it when people just log in and freak out that there's no map or deck editor.

It'll be ready in time.
when the game is fully complete all of you who said it was crap will say its probly the best thing ever
Well some of us actually tried our best to help you with bugs and what not its a shame others ruin the fun.
Perhaps he will reconsider some more testing.. id love to test and help out..can't help the immature children that complain.
Haha come on, I'll give you a hug if you put it back up
Page: 1 2 3