ID:104712

I haven't been able to work on the game for the past month or so since I've been really busy with school.
I finally have some time that I can work on it and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the game?
If you do post them here.

Link to the game's hub

If you want to see screenshots of the game, look at my previous posts. I haven't done much else since then.
Based on the screenshots, the presentation is good. Would probably be best to focus on adding more pokemon. Depending on how much you have, more areas are always a good thing, as long as there is something to do.
id like the option to have my pokemon walk with me, itd be awesome having a epic huge monster with me.
Ham Doctor wrote:
id like the option to have my pokemon walk with me, itd be awesome having a epic huge monster with me.

Already added that in :P
I want to be able to marry my pokemon.

Also I want to be able to be a pokemon, it'd be like a trainer, except you dont catch pokemon, you just fight them head on.
Ham Doctor wrote:

Also I want to be able to be a pokemon, it'd be like a trainer, except you dont catch pokemon, you just fight them head on.

Don't like the games where you can be a pkmn, takes away from the feeling imo.

Personally I'd like to see a game based on the actual games, just an online version of it.
As far as that is concerned, make sure the game has gyms, so you can collect badges before ultimately being able to participate in the pokemon league, or something similar.

Though wether gymleaders should be players or npcs...Well, both sides have its advantages.
SyncWolf wrote:
As far as that is concerned, make sure the game has gyms, so you can collect badges before ultimately being able to participate in the pokemon league, or something similar.

Though wether gymleaders should be players or npcs...Well, both sides have its advantages.

Yeah I'm still trying to decide...I think I might go with NPCs, since players might not be on due to different time zones.
Yeah, NPCs have that advantage of always being around when you need them...A true friend..Lawl

Anyway, player gymleaders would probably only work if there would be multiple ones, like Cerulean City had Misty and her sisters all as gym leaders. But that would depend on a good player base, so starting out with NPCs is probably the best.
SyncWolf wrote:
Ham Doctor wrote:

Personally I'd like to see a game based on the actual games, just an online version of it.

Well then I hate your game forever. I've played the trainer 10 million times now and I'd rather not keep doing that. Adding verity and more options to your games only broadens the audience you can attract. I think it'd be neat to be able to play as a Pokemon and battle wild pokemon.
Ham Doctor wrote:
SyncWolf wrote:
Ham Doctor wrote:

Well then I hate your game forever. I've played the trainer 10 million times now and I'd rather not keep doing that. Adding verity and more options to your games only broadens the audience you can attract. I think it'd be neat to be able to play as a Pokemon and battle wild pokemon.

I wouldn't mind, as long as it doesn't mean that the only pokemon you can catch, is another player. Though to provide the full experience for someone as a trainer and for someone as a pokemon, would be a lot of work.
I'm probably not adding the ability for someone to play as a pokemon, since it's a turn based game.
Flame48 wrote:
I'm probably not adding the ability for someone to play as a pokemon, since it's a turn based game.

Uh why would that matter? Think about it, a trainer is simply an avatar to represent yourself in combat, who is already controlling the pokemon. I doubt it'd be much harder to simply give pokemon direct control over a battle.

The only difference being, pokemon couldn't buy items, win badges or compete in tournaments without a human trainer.
You better finish this game, it actually looks presentable.
Ham Doctor wrote:
Flame48 wrote:

Uh why would that matter? Think about it, a trainer is simply an avatar to represent yourself in combat, who is already controlling the pokemon. I doubt it'd be much harder to simply give pokemon direct control over a battle.

The only difference being, pokemon couldn't buy items, win badges or compete in tournaments without a human trainer.

I don't see the point of being 1 pokemon when you can just be a trainer and have as many as you want. Being a pokemon would seem pretty boring to me, you get sent out, you battle, you die, you're stuck watching a battle doing nothing until its over.
Flame48 wrote:
Ham Doctor wrote:
Flame48 wrote:

I don't see the point of being 1 pokemon when you can just be a trainer and have as many as you want. Being a pokemon would seem pretty boring to me, you get sent out, you battle, you die, you're stuck watching a battle doing nothing until its over.

Because the idea of being some sort of massive huge, level 99 legendary pokemon destroying trainers is awesome.

Besides that, you could add in some sort of temporary team up option for trainers and player pokemon. It happened all the time in the series where a trainer would temporary team up with a wild pokemon and then they'd go their separate ways.

You are really closed minded not to even be able to consider that option, it'd be a interesting option for players and I doubt it'd be any harder to implement or anything.

On a side note, in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, pokemon could actually buy stuff like berries and accessories and stuff, so beating on trainers or other pokemon could most possibly yield money player pokemon could use later on in a poketown or some shit.
Considering Flame doesn't seem to have all the time in the world, not adding that option would save him time to work on getting the stuff done that should be done regardless.

I wouldn't call it close minded if it is a time saver. I do see your point, but it would be extra work and something that always could be added in lateron.
Ham Doctor's idea is stupid. Ignore him.
SyncWolf wrote:
Considering Flame doesn't seem to have all the time in the world, not adding that option would save him time to work on getting the stuff done that should be done regardless.

I wouldn't call it close minded if it is a time saver. I do see your point, but it would be extra work and something that always could be added in lateron.

There two people, kids who are playing with BYOND and adults who want to do projects but don't have enough time. Which in that case, the projects almost never see the light of day.
C_Dawg_S wrote:
Ham Doctor's idea is stupid. Ignore him.
Page: 1 2