ID:105066

Poll: Do you like the OnLive service?

Yes 14% (2)
No 85% (12)

Login to vote.

They're having a ton of sales right now, the catalog isn't that huge, but I hope they'll expand it.

It's great for computers (and laptops!) that don't have the hardware requirements to play games.
I'm currently running it on my thin-and-light laptop, and it runs great on netbooks too!

http://www.onlive.com/
I don't care for OnLive at all. with my own personal experience, the game I did run, ran fairly well, but their library for games is lacking.

Not only that, I find it disturbing the amount of money OnLive charges me for a game, that I might not have access to later on, simply due to a lack of popularity.

I feel the prices in general for their games are still unreasonable (not counting rentals). When I get a digital version of a game, with no book, box or disk, can only play it online and run the risk of having it removed later on in the future, I expect them to offer better discounts. In some cases the prices are exactly that from the stores.
While true, I moved from Steam (on my gaming desktop) to OnLive on my laptop. I'm thinking about pawning off this Desktop and selling it for parts.
The only thing I do miss is Source-based games, which I doubt will ever be offered on OnLive, but I tried running Half Life 2 and it seemed to work well, I'm curious if it'll be able to run TF2 / L4D2 (those are the only source-based games I play anymore)

I have a SU7300 / 4500MHD.
Today: Flame Sage plays OnLive
Tomorrow: Flame Sage sells his Desktop
Next Week: Flame Sage buys 10 games OnLive
Next Month: OnLive goes down.
One Day Later: Flame Sage complains on BYOND.
True, I always hold that risk.
OnLive does seem to be doing very well regardless.
If the service goes down, so be it.

I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon though, a lot of companies are trying to get into the cloud.
Sega Channel is where it's at.
Lol, I had the Sega Channel back in the day. You had to plug that giant adapter into the Genesis.