ID:1051712

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
I'm currently doing some changes on my icons so it'll only need a dir, so I'm changing the amount of dirs from 4 to 1, but as you know when you go back to 4 all the icons that used to be there are still displayed. Even if they appear, will they still make the icon be bigger? (More KBs?) If so, is there a way to make BYOND auto-deletes the rest of dirs when you reduce it to 1?

Thanks. ^^
Lol! This can't be real.

I deleted all the dirs in an icon and made it so each state only had 1 direction, I got 58,4 KB.

Then I did the same to another copy of it, but this time I didn't delete the stats, I just changed the amount of dirs to 1, and got 58,1 KB.

How can this be happening?
I did a check. Deleting the dirs and reducing the dirs without manual deletion produces the same results. Just don't forget to save or compile.
Best response
You're only removing comments from the dmi, which accounts for the small size change. If you want to actually get rid of the extra stuff right-click the icon state and select 'edit as pixmap' this will effectively remove all animation and directional states.