ID:105329

Note: Post was copied to/from Forum:Creations as well.

This prototype is based off of the mini rpg concept from http://www.squidi.net. Essentially, the goal was to create a side scrolling RPG using a minimalist interface. I came up with a couple fun UI components to go along with the concept.

squidi combined this minimalist idea with some multiplayer ideas where you could link up with other players. For the most part, these ideas are perfect for BYOND. The only place where BYOND fell short was with having simultaneous maps but that was a special feature of my own and isn't necessary to complete the core game.

This is where I'm at with the project. It falls short on my priority list for the following reasons.

1. No patience for the artwork which would be a lot if you add up all the items and monsters
2. A lot of coding involved once you get into trading, selling, buying, parties, and other multi-player aspects.
3. Some of my big ideas got tanked due to only having one map running at a time. Although, I have a solid workaround but it involves more work.

With that said, if a team were formed and my primary job was to polish the interface (plus other stuff including all the ideas I have so far), I'd be game for a team effort. If not, I'm going to submit the project to the Resource Center and may part out the guillotine and scroll components.

A couple things to look out for as you take a peek.
0. No game play available in prototype
1. Transparent map so you can see behind the wall to desktop. Drag the wood frame around
2. Guillotine goes up and down when you click it.
3. Scroll goes in and out when you click the top or bottom.

Dungeon Dominus

If your interested and you have the skills to contribute, you know where to find me.

ts
lulz diablo graphics
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
lulz diablo graphics

heh. I actually took it right out of the game. I've been playing through Diablo 1 as a Rogue. Only using it for the prototype though. :)