ID:1058950

Keywords: gfx
I realize I haven't posted anything in a while and decided to share this, thing, I made while talking to Teka.

(only textures were grabbed from the net everything else is my creation)

I'm not really sure what the point of it is, but I thought it looked nice so lets have some C&C. :D
I like it kinda looks like the runescape thingy. And no I do not play Runescape.
'Tis sexy
Love the style.
:O Nice one fisher, this turned out really good :)
Awesome
Thanks for all the great comments :).
it looks really bad,

JK jk, it looks very nice keep it up
what did u use to make this?
I was speaking with him during this and as far as i know it was just Photoshop with shapes and textures. :)
so like, he downloaded the texture from the internet and made the shapes by himself?
yes i believe so :)
In response to Sers000
Yup and you make it sound sooo much easier than it was lol :P.
its not? :P
Nah those swords were more effort than they were worth.
Use a little anti-aliasing on the swords' blades; they look too jagged in contrast with the beautiful textures around them. The ends of the hilts also seem far too perfectly square.
^
Agreed
Don't use anti-aliasing on the sword blades, or they'll loose their quality. A sword isn't perfectly smooth and nice and fine unless it is brand new and specially taken care of, most of the time only found with Lords and such. The way the jagged edges are as-is right now make for a great realistic approach. The hilts and handle need work though. The guard and the pommel have little to no effort on their part and the grip could use a material look, whether it be leather or wooden. Also the hilt looks offset a bit.

Otherwise, it's very nice.
No, it's not realistic because the jagged edges are from pixels, not an actual attempt at realism. You can still have the imperfections with anti-aliasing. It doesn't fit the image as a whole without it because everything else is so detailed with the textures.
Seems like a good intro or option screen. Has a nice feel, but some of the details bother me. The hilt guard, grips, and pommel just aren't doing it. The guard seems unusually thick with a rather strange shape (a cruciform designed to maybe reflect a maltese cross?), the grip has an odd texture (normally would be wood, metal, wrapped in leather or cloth, etc.). The pommel seems dinky as it is generally a counter weight to balance the blade.

All relatively minor critiques.

Seems somewhat similar to the Armor Games logo, FWIW.