ID:106080

People of Impact:
- Schnitzelnagler - Challenges my every waking thought and forces me to think just a little bit more about everything.
- Lummox - SwapMaps. It really opened up a lot of game ideas for me.
- ACWraith - For making interesting games but especially for his persistence and quality work with "Along The Tech Tree" posts

Meaningful Experiences:
- My first game on BYOND came in 2nd place in a board game competition and I think it was a pretty close 1st.
- 4.0 was an amazing release and figuring out how to use the new interface in cool new ways continues to astonish me. I honestly believe that BYOND has the capability of entering the general tools/applications market. If only I had some more free time to introduce BYOND into my work place. That would be pretty big in my book.

Virtues and Beliefs
- Set achievable goals for yourself and you can't fail.
- The BYOND community can be very distracting. People want your attention and will say and do whatever it takes to get it. Don't bite all the time.

BYOND Likes:
- Easy networking support
- Free (with some strings attached)
- 4.0 - Interfaces and amazing integration capabilities with browser.
- The future potential with flash integration (see below for caveat)
- BYOND staff are always trying to do the right thing and as best as I can tell, they are always working at it.

BYOND Dislikes:
- Constant animosity across the BYOND community.
- Flash Caveat - It scares me a little because I don't understand the real implications to my efforts or how it will impact the BYOND community.
- Always in the dark about where BYOND is going.
- Negative vibes from BYOND influential's
- BYOND staff lacks a friendly face
- Some people on BYOND get to know more than others and I don't understand why which frustrates me.
- Extremely impactful information comes to me in the form of leaks, chat rooms, and long forum posts where information is buried somewhere in the middle.
- BYOND is a scattered mess. Everything is everywhere.
- Chatting in the pager. Receiving news (or not) in the pager. Updates in the pager. Finding games with the pager.
- Unsorted libraries in Dream Maker
- Lack of collaboration
- Lacking examples in documentation.
- Add Post link goes missing at random
- My files get corrupted in my file share and nobody gives a dam.
- Lack of basic source code editing enhancements (now I'm scraping the bottom)

Aphorism's to Live By:
- "Never announce something you have not yet done. Try, and you will be instantly robbed of the determination to do it. 100% guaranteed!" - unknown

Why Are You Here:
- I came to BYOND a long time ago wanting to make games.
- I found that makings games was really hard to do.
- I found that every year, everything I made the year before was crap and could be done in a fraction of the time.
- I found that I struggled to complete even reasonable sized games.
- I found that I could only complete games when I had large chunks of free time but it cost me all of my free time.
- I eventually realized that I needed partners if I wanted to make anything substantial
- I found that I couldn't find any partners on BYOND for one reason or another
- Since then, I've redirected my energy on trying to improve collaboration on BYOND
- I've found that my priorities have shifted and that making my very own dream game is less important than making games that people play.
- I've found that my real desire is to obtain notoriety in whatever form I can get it.
- I'm currently here because I believe that I have a chance to eventually succeed in producing games which reach a world of people.
- I believe I will do it by creating tools which help people collaborate.
- My dream (goal) is to have the biggest game makers in the world take notice of me, BYOND, and any anyone else working along side with me.