ID:1062020

(See the best response by Higoten.)
I play Eternia Roleplay on BYOND, and have been having issues that I think are related to an IP Ban. Writing A New One aka WANO (http://www.byond.com/members/WritingANewOne) has said that he cannot look at IPs in-game, but it seems like a large number of people are being rapid-banned from the game and unable to play.

In the past, BYOND has had a problem with bans. For example, when I once got banned from the game, two of my housemates got banned as well. Unfortunately, even though WANO says I am no longer banned, I still can't get into the game.

What can the BYOND Site Admin do to fix this problem? They can see IP Addresses, could they help WANO unban me?

Thanks!
Best response
Hi Maximillion,

Unfortunately, There is nothing that we can do here in BYOND help to assist you in resolving this issue. Moderation and handling of bans/unbans vary greatly depending on the game, it's moderation systems, and those running it (None of which we may have knowledge of, or access to).

Banning systems vary from key bans, to computer ID bans, to IP bans and any combination can be used, making for a wide variety of results, which may have been what happened when you were banned and your two housemates also became banned. They were likely banned because they connected to a banned IP address (Although can't be certain, given the wide range of variations).

If you believe finding your public IP address will help, you can find it at the top of the page here.

Good luck!