Galactic Soldier wrote:
You got the wrong idea. It's not hiding fan-games in general. Mainly just rips, and maybe like really crappy, effortlessly made original games.

He was correct for the most part. Rips will be actively suppressed, fangames will be listed after original games.
If they're listed after, it would be much more fair then not at all.

I really like how the new website is turning out, but the color you guys are using for the background on some pages, which is pure white, can hurt your eyes after a while

One other small nit-pick, is that I'd rather see those tan stars inside the box, where the yellow ones currently are.
BYOND on iPad! Wow. Now I made my mind up. I'm getting an iPad :) +1 For BYOND!
Gizhy wrote:
BYOND on iPad! Wow. Now I made my mind up. I'm getting an iPad :) +1 For BYOND!

iPad is generally 'fail' on so many levels, and while I like BYOND, it's not worth wasting the money on a substandard product with restrictive abilities (video chat restricted to wifi? - sooo 1999) *just* to play Flash based games.
digitalmouse wrote:
a substandard product with restrictive abilities (video chat restricted to wifi? - sooo 1999)

Not sure if you know this, it was restricted to wifi as if it were allowed on 3G, it'd use up the person's monthly usage fairly quick.

I'm very curious to how this'll play out.
All of my games have been fan-games.
I don't however, have a problem with this.

But yeah, this site really does need an update bad.
Qubic wrote:
Not sure if you know this, it was restricted to wifi as if it were allowed on 3G, it'd use up the person's monthly usage fairly quick.

i've been using the video phone function between my GF and I for a couple years now (me with a Nokia, and her with a Samsung - both on contracts, not pay-as-you-go) so we've never needed to worry about using up any 'usage' amount. but having looked at the phone bills, the video calls don't cost that much more than voice calls for us. video is not the best, but it's clear the compression used is good enough to keep costs reasonable. No reason why the iPad/iPhone could not take advantage of the same technologies... oh wait, it's Apple! xD

Heck even my old Skype mobile phone was only a monthly fee with unlimited Skype-to-Skype calls. properly done, video over a phone device should not increase costs significantly, if at all, with a proper payment system.
digitalmouse wrote:
iPad is generally 'fail' on so many levels, and while I like BYOND, it's not worth wasting the money on a substandard product with restrictive abilities (video chat restricted to wifi? - sooo 1999) *just* to play Flash based games.

Well, I already have the money for it, so I'd say it's probably based on a personal basis. I for one, love touchscreen devices. I certainly don't want to spend $3,000 on a touchscreen PC. You could get an iPhone for outdoor use, and iPad for when your home relaxing BTW. I'd say playing BYOND games on an iPad would be a whole new experience for anyone. Plus, I don't think anyone would buy an iPad *just* to play flash based games, now thats just silly.

I'm curious, how are people envisioning playing BYOND games on touchscreen-only devices? Are you going to use an on-screen keyboard? What about right-clicking?

I'm planning on buying a Bluetooth controller for my Android phone, so I guess that would also be an option for some games with simple controls (if Apple will allow the software necessary to set such a controller up... I think I've heard they generally don't because its primary use would be for emulators)
If you look at the most popular touchscreen games you'll notice most of them have an incredibly simple interface. They either have a few button commands or make heavy use of the "swipe" motion you can only do on touchscreens.

The swiping motion would probably be something like MouseDrag(). Considering the fact BYOND has no client-side processing to make up for the fact the flash client is online-only, I don't really see BYOND ever having much of a presence in the mobile market. Anything you could possibly do with BYOND can be done better using tools other than BYOND.

That being said, the flash client still the potential to make a big impact on browser gaming. I think it would be best to focus on that like a laser and completely ignore mobile devices.
So you could like....play a byond game...in a byond game...in a byond game =D
Iocamus wrote:

Only if we get to 4.0 support right? Even so, it would be an interesting "feature".

Then there is the mirror effect with the same game. :)

ts
Tsfreaks wrote:
Iocamus wrote:

Only if we get to 4.0 support right? Even so, it would be an interesting "feature".

Then there is the mirror effect with the same game. :)

ts

Aha indeed.
When is this happening anyway?
SinMaster1996 wrote:
When is this happening anyway?

The website layout will be updated tomorrow and the updates to DM and whatnot will be sometime in the coming months.
Kumorii wrote:
The website layout will be updated tomorrow and the updates to DM and whatnot will be sometime in the coming months.

Thanks, just my answer. Lol.
Oh man I haven't been on due to finals, good to see the layout is updated. Hmm seems to be also near the time where I renew my membership also..
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6