ID:106621

Now I think about it, I believe I may have spent more time driving than actually vacationing this time around. Anyway, a break is a break. Although thinking about it now it seems the vacation was more tiring than normal daily life.

DMO

forum.lufika.com
New forums for DMO, as it becomes more active I'll post more information there.

I spent a few hours today building some much needed admin systems into DMO, not exactly newsworthy but necessary and progressing. Continued work on the Deck Editor, it will be a copy of the previous one for now; later it will be updated to be more polished(Player feedback will be collected before this happens).

There's a few minor things I'd like to finish before I put it back up for testing. Unfortunately Deck Editing won't be complete, which is really working against me as players are increasingly upset over the lack of customization. Keep in mind it's just alpha and going to take time.

(Low Resolution Image)

A few new cards are added, more will be added gradually until the actual game mechanics are fully complete then I'll move into adding several cards at a sitting.

Unfortunately BYOND still doesn't allow an easy way to rotate objects/images/anything so the resource size is getting large very fast. Currently each card graphic has four rotations so it can be displayed properly. Obviously making the resources much larger than it needs to be.

--------------------------

BYOND Changes

A couple of people have asked for my opinions so I said I'd just throw it in the post for convenience.

I'm pleased to see the staff letting us know where it's going. It's tricky for developers if we have no idea where the engine is heading.

Overall I like the new plans. Moderating the hub, approving games, member-only submission and such is a good idea. I don't want to get involved in the "RIP" debate as long as people realize if the staff continue to do what they've always done, you'll continue to get what you've always got.

Some clear distinctions should be made for "originality" and "fan game". It would be useful to have clear definitions for these terms and whether games like Last Robot Standing, Feval, Monopoly, Chess, and Uno fall under fan games or not and where the line is drawn.

The flash client looks promising, I'm looking forward to it. Still hoping for some improvements in the engine though.
I realize this may be a stupid question, but why not just use the Turn()?

Turn proc (icon)
See also:
Flip proc (icon)
dir var (atom)
icon
icon procs
Format:
Turn(angle)
Args:
angle: an angle in degrees
This rotates the icon clockwise by the specified amount.

Example:
mob/verb/drink()
//this effect is very confusing!
var/icon/I = new(usr.icon)
I.Turn(90)
usr.icon = I
usr << "You feel a little tipsy!"

sleep(200)

I.Turn(-90) //turn it back
usr.icon = I //should have just saved original value
That was my original solution, which I also used for the previous versions of DMO. There are some downsides though.

The biggest issue was waiting for icons to show up while they download causing flickering and locking up, and often between visits you'd have to re-download those dynamic icons.

I tested both ways and the bigger resource size seemed to be a better option.
This might interest you - your game is listed in Wikipedia. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_media
Expect some heat from that link, I'm sure. Particularly given how Konami don't much like other people getting in on their act.
Yeah - they signed a Cease and Desist letter not too long ago to another Yu-Gi-Oh! game on BYOND.
Hello Kajika,
I just thought I would stop by and ask if you needed any help at all with your game? I can Do the card icons if you want me to and other icons if you wish just let me know. I don't want anything in return not even powers or anything I just would like to help. If you don't want help or need help then I am sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks for your time,
Volt
Love this game, keep up the wicked work man!