ID:106681

Poll: Rp or PvP?

Rp 45% (56)
PvP 54% (68)

Login to vote.

So, since I am working on my game, Fairy Tail Online, I'm wondering what you guys(The ones that are looking forward to it) are expecting it to be, PvP(Player versus Player) or RP(Roleplay)?
Faction-based PvP. You get the best of both worlds.
Fairy Tail is pretty much "Faction" based. Even if it'd be either PvP or Rp.
How about PvP based RP?

What people don't grasp is the concept behind, "Player vs. Player" and "Role Play". I can roleplay myself killing your character.

Maybe you mean Action vs Adventure?
World of Warcraft would be a good example of combining role-playing with PvP combat.
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
How about PvP based RP?

What people don't grasp is the concept behind, "Player vs. Player" and "Role Play". I can roleplay myself killing your character.

RP rules wouldn't be that lame. *I kill you* There ya go you're dead, no that's not how it'd be. Combats does not have to be roleplayed,they'll be verbed, but you'll act as you're the character and not go around talking internet slang all the time... Since with RP, you can have more kind of events than what PvP could have.

In RP, if it'd somehow be a villian event thing, then the people would need a reason to kill him or w/e, in PvP, they'd be "Oh who cares..."
Enic wrote:
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
How about PvP based RP?

RP rules wouldn't be that lame. *I kill you* There ya go you're dead, no that's not how it'd be. Combats does not have to be roleplayed,they'll be verbed, but you'll act as you're the character and not go around talking internet slang all the time... Since with RP, you can have more kind of events than what PvP could have.

In RP, if it'd somehow be a villian event thing, then the people would need a reason to kill him or w/e, in PvP, they'd be "Oh who cares..."

Everyone could be a psychopath for their character and be a mass murderer though.

CauTi0N wrote:
Enic wrote:
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
How about PvP based RP?

Everyone could be a psychopath for their character and be a mass murderer though.

That'd be people who are not taking the game seriously... And just wants do destroy for others who are enjoying it. I wouldn't let anyone role play such a character though.
RP
Since you're asking what I expect and not what I want, I'll go with the usual, boring, and cliche PvP that people actually seem to think is fun to do for hours on end... doing the same thing... over and over...
Yeah, seems like most people do expect PvP, but I'm actually aiming for roleplay. Depending on the player base once the game is finished, I might have a PvP server up as well.
Enic wrote:
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
How about PvP based RP?

That's essentially the same thing I said, except you re-jogged my memory on how most RP games function.
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Enic wrote:
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
How about PvP based RP?

That's essentially the same thing I said, except you re-jogged my memory on how most RP games function.

Yeah... I were just explaining my view of rp >_>...
They're both boring when it comes to BYOND games. You stand in one spot, typing a wall of text. Yeah that's exciting, thats going to make people burst with excitement. I've never roleplayed on BYOND and never will. Shit sucks, that simple.
Jedioh wrote:
They're both boring when it comes to BYOND games. You stand in one spot, typing a wall of text. Yeah that's exciting, thats going to make people burst with excitement. I've never roleplayed on BYOND and never will. Shit sucks, that simple.

Did I ask you opinion on RP? No.
Lige wrote:
I'm not really a fan of PvP or Rp. Although I'd expect it to be Rp based with PvP elements. Whatever you decide to make it, I hope for the best. :-)

I'd go for RP. But with some PVP elements, it would be awesome. Or make a server for both.
You asked PvP or RP. I gave you my opinion on roleplaying. Douche.
Jedioh wrote:

I'm asking what you're expecting, not opinion. Douche.
Enic wrote:
Jedioh wrote:

I'm asking what you're expecting, not opinion. Douche.

Yes, other people expect RP and yet I'm telling you why RP sucks. Douche.

And if you haven't noticed or your eye sight completely sucks. Everyone is giving their opinions.
Page: 1 2